Battlestar Galactica (Spoilers)

Here's the place to discuss science fiction and fantasy TV and Web series, plus their characters, actors, and crew.

Battlestar Galactica (Spoilers)

New postby Raven Kai » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:31 am

I dont know if you guys have been watching these or not but they are providing some backstory on William Adama and leading up to the release of the Miniseries that MIGHT become a series, depedning on what happens with the end of BSG, the financing, writers strike, NBC and Skiffy SUCKS, etc. If you want to see the mini-weps, check em out here:

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/takeover/part1.html
Last edited by Raven Kai on Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Dementi » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:43 am

oh, fun, fun! Going to go and watch.
I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream.
Dementi

New postby Raven Kai » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:07 am

I love how it's tying the original tv series in to it. Awsome!
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:40 pm

I would actually love it if i could see it. I t comes up with a message saying
" We are sorry but the clip isn't avaiable from your location"
POPPYCOCK!!!!!
No offense to any of you guys, but i am so sick of America getting to say who can get what when they tell them they can have it...... aarrrggghhhhh so annoying.
Oh yeah the preview for The Mist looks pretty awesome... suppose we will have to wait for that too.
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:37 pm

Aaron_0105 wrote:I would actually love it if i could see it. I t comes up with a message saying
" We are sorry but the clip isn't avaiable from your location"
POPPYCOCK!!!!!
No offense to any of you guys, but i am so sick of America getting to say who can get what when they tell them they can have it...... aarrrggghhhhh so annoying.
Oh yeah the preview for The Mist looks pretty awesome... suppose we will have to wait for that too.

I'll see what I can do about getting those clips for you.
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:41 pm

Don't stress to much Raven, if you can't get them easily. You already have dne enough.
That reminds me iTunes will be updated rather soon won't it? :: Happy Dance::
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:48 pm

Yes, yes it will. Any moment now, I should think.
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Dementi » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:16 pm

*agrees with Aaron...I mean I live right across the border and can't even download SGA from itunes...which means all of you living in the States are currently watching/downloading it to watch and I have to wait till Monday when it airs on movie channel....
Dementi

New postby Raven Kai » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:33 pm

*pouts and wishes there was a much easier way around it all* Seriously, everyone needs to pay attention to what S3M are doing and make it universally downloadable.
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:34 pm

Dementi wrote:*agrees with Aaron...I mean I live right across the border and can't even download SGA from itunes...which means all of you living in the States are currently watching/downloading it to watch and I have to wait till Monday when it airs on movie channel....

Really??? in Canada? even though the show is made there you can't get it? now that is even more stupideer than me not even being able to see it untill it's finished there!

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Dementi » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:38 pm

Ya, I live on Vancouver Island...show is filmed in Vancouver a 2 hour ferry ride way...I mean really the nerve of them! What is even more annoying is that I am American...argh and curses.
Dementi

New postby Aaron_0105 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:48 pm

at least you still get to see it a couple of days after it is realeased.

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Dementi » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:55 pm

I guess there is that...mind you I had to order an entire new satellite program just to get the channel!
Dementi

New postby Aaron_0105 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:57 pm

Guess what i got my grubby little hands on.... BSG Razor Dvd! Sweet no i don't have to worry about trying to figure a way to download it... See ya in a couple of hours.

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:24 pm

Awsome. Let me know what you thought of it. Once a few of us have seen it, we can discuss!
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Dementi » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:51 am

Drats, I knew I should have bought the dvd while I was in the States!
Dementi

New postby Aaron_0105 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:00 pm

If you want i can copy it for you..... It won't be anything fancy. I don't have one of those disc printing machines so it will be just hand written on the front, in a plastic case. Let me know if you want get one from me or if you would rather buy one online.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Aaron_0105 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:04 am

KARA THRACE IS DEAD???? Ive Just finished watching season 3 and am cursing to the top of my lungs that i can't get any episodes of season 4 anywhere... I'm happy thta they have really grabbed my atention and it makes me want to keep watching it but like when the killed off Daniel in sg1 i asked myself.. "WHY?" It was a total shock... never saw it coming.
Wish there was someone online to talk about it now....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:53 am

Awww... I'm sorry I wasn't here when you were. I will be online off and on today so we can talk when you catch me. Do you have Skype? if so, look up ravenkai or raven kai and add me. ;)
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:31 pm

Unfortunatley i'm on a flying visit today, had some friends show up out of the blue and now i'm in a mad scramble to get this place organised for them to stay. Going to be fun! Sooooo glad i finished watching season 3 last night!

Right i'm back....
i made i silly mistake, I forgot i had one more disc to go. So i saw Kara again. Phew! But the chief! The colonel!!! OMG!!!!! I want the next season damnit!

Whose the fifth and final one? Dollars to doughnuts i reckon it's either Adama or The President. But thats probably just wishful thinking.

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:50 pm

Hmm. I've been thinking about it and I was thinking Kara... but she's not like the others. There's something different and special about her. I don't think it would be The President because she had cancer. I don't think it's Bill because otherwise his sons would have been the first half-breeds (not Boomer/Helo's baby, Hera) We've already seen enough to convince us that Baltar isn't one, unless that whole plot was intended misdirection. If there was another 'planted' Cylon on the Galactica, he/she would have showed up in the room, right? So, then, who else might it be? Did you see Razor yet?
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:34 pm

Your absolutey right. Forgot all about Lee.
Maybe the 5th one didn't hear the activation "music" code and is still oblivious..... The possiblities, oh boy......
No i haven't been able to get time to watch Razor yet cos of my friends here at the moment. It's just been totally crazy. As soon as they are gone i'll have a look.

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:58 pm

I was giving Baltar more thought. If it's not Kara, then I think it's Baltar. Right now I would have to flip a coin to decide. The arguement for kara is that the cylons wanter her... very badly. She was the key to them being able to reproduce on their own. If she was the first sucessful breedable cylon (a unique, one of a kind model that is only known to those from the ship we was 'born' on) and they didn't even realize she was Cylon until she was caught and examined at the "Farm". She has visions and knows things she shouldn't, She survives things she shouldn't, she never got pregnant with her husband, she seems to be the fullfilment of prophesy

There's lots of other things too but I can't think of em right now or they are from Razor and I don't want to spoil it for you.

Now, for Baltar - All the talk about 'Six' and 'their baby'... the 'first cylon-human crossbreed' but as much as Six and Baltar had sex, she never got pregnant. Now, of course, there could be natural reasons (he's shooting blanks?) but the fact that cylons CAN NOT reproduce makes you wonder if he isn't a Cylon. There's been all the talk about 'is he' or 'isn't he', no one really answered his questions. Is his 'cylon test' foolproof and did he really take it himself? Is HE a special breed? He wasn't on Galactica when the music was calling to the others. In the first part of the show, we just thought he was delusional because of his 'fantasy' six, alwasy present, always guiding him or taunting him. BUT then we find that Six has a Baltar doing the same for her, so the question must be asked - are they 'relaying' on a subconscious level, the way Cylons can 'dream'? I think the biggest thing AGAINST him actually turning out to be a Cylon is his God0-complex. He wants it too much so I can't imagine him getting it. Of course, we are asuming that the final 5 inlcude the 4 who gathered at the end of the season, right? SO, the 5th we also are assuming is someone we don't suspect or thought was eliminated as a possibility. What if the 5th was someone we've already known - D'Anna perhaps? They shut her down before she could say what happened. ARGH!! There's SO MUCH!!!
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Raven Kai » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:01 pm

"There must be some way out of here," said the joker to the thief,
"There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief.
Businessmen, they drink my wine, plowmen dig my earth,
None of them along the line know what any of it is worth."

"No reason to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,
"There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.
But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate,
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late."

All along the watchtower, princes kept the view
While all the women came and went, barefoot servants, too.

Outside in the distance a wildcat did growl,
Two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl.
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:55 pm

I know!!!! The possiblities are almost endless with the way the writers have done the story line up.... Yoy wouldn't happen to know who sang that song at the end of the show wouyld you? I search for it and i keep coming up with Wolfmother but i know that particular song, since i have it, great song too. MAybe it has a different name to it.....

I reckon Baltar is just suffering from God-complex. simple. He is a man with dreams of granduer. He may be smart but he is just plain and simple arrogant man. But then again.... Arrrgh! I just want to find out.

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:13 pm

"All Along The Watchtower"was writen by Bob Dylan but has been performed by lots of groups. Some interestings facts about the season cliff hanger:

Crossroads Wiki wrote:The song and lyrics that Tory, Tigh, Tyrol and Anders hear is Bob Dylan's "All Along the Watchtower", as adapted by veteran series composer Bear McCreary. The vocals for this version are performed by McCreary's brother Brendan McCreary, aka Bt4, with former Oingo Boingo guitarist Steve Bartek playing various guitars and sitars.[1] There is no explanation given in the show as to why this particular song is heard, nor where it comes from. According to a conversation McCreary had with Ronald D. Moore, the version heard in the episode is meant to have been recorded by a Colonial artist rather than by Bob Dylan himself.

Ronald D. Moore has confirmed that Tigh, Tyrol, Tory and Anders really are Cylons, albeit "fundamentally different" ones. [2]
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:36 pm

Sweet!!!!!! I was looking up the wrong name for the song. Didn't realise the song they were humming was the same song at the end of the season. So going onto lime wire to look for that now.

Raven, i don't know how many times i keep saying this but you are an absolute treasure.

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:50 pm

Aaron_0105 wrote:Sweet!!!!!! I was looking up the wrong name for the song. Didn't realise the song they were humming was the same song at the end of the season. So going onto lime wire to look for that now.

Raven, i don't know how many times i keep saying this but you are an absolute treasure.

* :oops: * Awwww. Thanks... I try!
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:41 pm

And you don't even have to try. Just remember to throw a sheep at me occasionaly.

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Dementi » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:59 am

Ok, where were the SPOILER warnings for this thread?

Now which pill was it that makes me forget again....blue or red, red or blue...argh....
Dementi

Next

Return to TV and Web Series