Battlestar Galactica (Spoilers)

Here's the place to discuss science fiction and fantasy TV and Web series, plus their characters, actors, and crew.

New postby abacus » Tue May 13, 2008 10:45 am

ravenkai wrote:With all the double meanings and cryptic references, could the Harbinger of Death refer to the end of the current species separations/clashes or the end all togther?!

The end all together would be an 'interesting' way to end the show..... depressing but different.

Ok, so i don't think they'd do that. Though it's possible that she could bring death to only one group.... that wouldn't seem like a very good conclusion either.

Part of me would like it to be a rip off of the Matrix and she's only being told what she needs to hear, because I like Kara and i would rather she was a hero, but then again part of me would HATE it if they ripped off the matrix like that.
abacus

New postby Raven Kai » Tue May 13, 2008 11:04 am

Well, Edward James Olmos was quoted as saying, "don't be suprised if they killed everyone in the end"!

I am thinking that whatever we as a collective imagine, they will do something different. Sometimes, I think it is so incredibly well thought out and that they can't help but leave us breadcrumbs that mislead us to conclusions they WANT us to have while really going another way and then at other times, I think they throw in the cryptic because they changed their minds about something and want us to THINK that they outsmarted us with some hidden message in a plot twist when really it's smoke and mirrors. :?
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby abacus » Tue May 13, 2008 5:47 pm

ravenkai wrote:Well, Edward James Olmos was quoted as saying, "don't be suprised if they killed everyone in the end"!

I am thinking that whatever we as a collective imagine, they will do something different. Sometimes, I think it is so incredibly well thought out and that they can't help but leave us breadcrumbs that mislead us to conclusions they WANT us to have while really going another way and then at other times, I think they throw in the cryptic because they changed their minds about something and want us to THINK that they outsmarted us with some hidden message in a plot twist when really it's smoke and mirrors. :?

You are so right about that, Raven. :) How do you tell a carefuly placed red herring from a stinking kipper of an abandoned plot thread?

(Also, note to self. Remember, it's not real.)

That's suddenly reminded me of re-watching early episodes of DS9 when they were airing the penultimate season and my friend going 'But Dr Bashir's genetically enhanced he'd have been able to do this or that easily'. It all makes perfect sense until you watch backwards.
abacus

New postby abacus » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:30 pm

I've just watched 'Revelations' (4.10) - and I have to say I think it was an awesome episode, one of the best bsg episodes ever and makes up for all the convoluted plot nonsense that happened earlier this season by just being so darn great.
Really great. Really really.
abacus

New postby Victoria Winters » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:14 pm

I saw that too and was very intrigued by the whole episode and left wondering what in the heck are they gonna do??????????????
Any view of things that is not strange, is false.
Victoria Winters

New postby Raven Kai » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:48 am

Ah, yes. I just finished watching it myself. My bsg friends have a debate, more actually a bet, going for who the 5th Cylon is. One of them thinks the '5th' is actually going to be 'Ellen' but I think she was referring to Caprica 6 who has now miraculously become preggers with another cylon. (The first Cylon conception?) The other think's it's Tom Serrik, because of his history, his 'fallen' status and pursuit of power. Now, after tonight, with D'Anna saying, 'Four are in the colonal fleet' ....

So does that mean that the 5th is with the Cylons? but then ... "they say there are 12 models. 7 are known, 4 live in secret and 1 will be revealed" would be wrong. If they aren't with the fleet and aren't with the Cylons... is it the Hybrid the 5th or someone we haven't seen yet? I've heard rumors that there is a 'T' conspiracy, that all the Cylons have a T in their name somewhere.

Every theory I have had has been disproved so right now I have nothing to offer unless they find someone still alive on Earth or orbiting it.
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Victoria Winters » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:24 am

I bet there are people on earth. They just did not land in a good spot. They did land right next to the Brooklyn Bridge, after all. :)
Victoria Winters

New postby Raven Kai » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:12 pm

See, and here I was thinking 'temple of arora' :P

I was wondering what they were going to do with the final 10 episodes if they found Earth in the mid season ep so now it all makes sense. See, Kirt Russle is the 5th cyclon. He shows up with an eye patch and going by the name 'Snake' and he helps them Escape New York.... oh wait, that's been done already.
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Victoria Winters » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:30 pm

YEA KIRT RUSSLE!!! and Kurt Russel too!!!!!!!!!
Victoria Winters

New postby Raven Kai » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:54 pm

*blush* oops.

Russle shouldn't be confused with Russel. I mean, he HATES that.
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby abacus » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:34 pm

Victoria Winters wrote:I bet there are people on earth. They just did not land in a good spot. They did land right next to the Brooklyn Bridge, after all. :)

lmao! :lol:

I took the statement that 'only four are with the fleet' as a indicator that one of the hostages aboard the baseship was the fifth, unknown model. Which would mean it has to be Baltar, Laura or Adama.
My money's still on Laura. Maybe she's too obvious, but i think it makes sense. When De'anna told Laura she was one of the final five and then told her she was joking, she might have been deliberatelty testing for Laura's reaction - to see if she knew she is a cylon.

I was thinking about the unhealthy state of Earth and the whole 'all this has happened before and will happen again' theme. I was wondering whether this refers to the circumstances under which earth was originally destroyed - ie by machines of human making - and whether the 'higher power'/gods/God which led them to earth were infact the survivors of this earlier distaster. This might explain Kara thrace 'leading them to their death', refering to the original death of earth... and their own bleak prospects having arrived there. I also contemplated the idea that the 'higher power' directing them could in some way literally be them - Kara did die and come back, but this idea would necessitate some time travel and/or parallel universe type plot and that's really not bsg style ... so guess i'll have to think about that a bit more. Hmm.
abacus

Battlestar Galactica: "All Along the Watchtower"

New postby Aaron_0105 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:59 am

I have been looking everywhere for a copy of Bear McCreary's (sp) version of that song ["All Along the Watchtower"]... Its driving me nuts...
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Dementi » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:21 pm

The "white page" works fine for me, thanks Raven!
I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream.
Dementi

New postby Aaron_0105 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:26 pm

W00T! W00T! Thanks Raven! I LOVE YOU!
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:55 pm

You are welcome, Dementi.

:D I love you, too, Aaron!
Raven Kai
Administrator

Re: Battlestar Galactica (Spoilers)

New postby Aaron_0105 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:34 pm

Well i can offically say now that i have seen all of BSG. Except for The Plan which isn't out yet.
I feel kind of..... empty? is that right word? So many questions about it.. where to start.
Starbuck was she and "angel" all along? or just after she came back form the dead? And how do they explain here body and ship on the other Earth? and whats the go with the old earth being nuked 2000 years ago and then finding the real earth untouched?

What about Adama's Viper and Raptor? what they hell happend to them? maybe we just haven't found them yet? :lol:

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:44 am

*whispers* I saw The Plan. It will answer some questions but not all. Some things, we'll just have to wait and see. There is talk of more movies, depending on how well The Plan goes over so make sure you order a copy to help drive interest in another BSG movie!
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:19 am

FRAK YEAH!!!!!!!!

Hangon.. you've seen the plan? What the hell?
Of course.. they had it on tv over there didn't they? damnit.. wish i knew... i would have downloaded it if i had known but since Amazon i releasing it tomorrow i'll just order a copy.

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:05 pm

:D I hear the DVD will be unedited so be prepared for some... er... full frontal nudity.
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:01 am

really? woohoo!!!!!

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:51 am

lol.
Raven Kai
Administrator

Previous

Return to TV and Web Series