Fringe (Spoilers)

Here's the place to discuss science fiction and fantasy TV and Web series, plus their characters, actors, and crew.

Fringe (Spoilers)

New postby Dementi » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:45 am

As one seen the previews for the new sci-fi series Fringe that FOX is releasing?

I have seen a few and it looks like it will be worth checking out, at least the pilot. Which has be co-created by J. J. Abrams and Roberto Orci.

Wikipedia wrote:The show is being described as a cross between The X-Files, Altered States, and The Twilight Zone.Like Abrams' previous TV shows, it will have an overarching mythology. A two-hour, $10,000,000 pilot was produced, where Walter is in a mental hospital.

Now as a huge X-Files fan, I can't wait, on the other hand it could be a bomb. We will have to wait and see when it premiers September 9, 2008 at 8:00 p.m. ET on FOX and A-Channel, and October 6, 2008 at 9:00 p.m. on Sky1 in the UK.

On another note 2 weeks from the premier of the show a comic book launch has been planned and will be written by Zack Whedon, Joss Whedon's bother.
I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream.
Dementi

New postby Victoria Winters » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:25 pm

I have heard about that. Perhaps I shall walk across the parking lot and go watch it on tv? :lol:
Any view of things that is not strange, is false.
Victoria Winters

Re: Fringe

New postby Telkesh » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:26 pm

Dementi wrote:As one seen the previews for the new sci-fi Fringe

Sounds good.

Dementi wrote:that FOX is releasing?

I'm out.
:-:Smile - It may seem dark now, but a new dawn will come. Dawn always comes:-:
Telkesh

New postby Aaron_0105 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:32 pm

Why you out? don't like Fox?
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Telkesh » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:37 pm

Aaron_0105 wrote:Why you out? don't like Fox?

One word. Firefly.
Telkesh

New postby Aaron_0105 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:32 pm

ahhh point taken....
still haven't actually watched that yet...
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Dementi » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:09 am

I can understand your position Tel, but how will they know what people like and don't like if we don't watch and make a fuss.

Besides I think that Firefly was just release at the wrong time. I really don't think they did the research for viable, supportive audience. Not say that there were not those that were supportive of the show, just not the numbers they needed.

Mind you, if you want to play Devil's Advocate all we have to do is look at CBS's Moonlight and SciFi Stargate Atlantis...numbers and fans....but neither show is returning.
Dementi

New postby Raven Kai » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:35 am

It's all about the mighty
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby kingfelic » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:11 pm

it has a very X-files feel to it by watching the trailer.. but when i read the plot and then another trailer/commercial i got very confused because they didn't seem to flow together. So i shall try to watch it and see what happens.
Geek: slang term, noting individuals as "a peculiar or otherwise odd person, especially one who is perceived to be overly obsessed with one or more things including those of intellectuality, electronics, etc." Formerly, the term referred to a carnival performer often billed as a wild man whose act usually includes biting the head off a live chicken, bat, snake or bugs. The 1976 edition of the American Heritage Dictionary included only the definition regarding geek shows.
kingfelic

New postby Raven Kai » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:43 pm

It is very X-Files. and FOR THE RECORD - I have to watch it's first episode at least so I can find out why there was a parking lot full of cows in San Diego. :)
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:25 am

Well i don't know about it yet.. it hasn't grabbed my attention enough.

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Dementi » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:44 am

you can always watch the first eppy and then start complaining....
Dementi

New postby Victoria Winters » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:14 am

lol
Victoria Winters

New postby Telkesh » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:39 pm

Dementi wrote:you can always watch the first eppy and then start complaining....

Where's the fun in that?
Telkesh

New postby xelljin » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:59 pm

I can promise everyone that it is worth watching. Excellent show. I'd encourage you all to at least give it a shot and watch the pilot live if at all possible.

I really think that this is another piece of excellent television being made. Good stuff.
xelljin

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:36 pm

Hey John... How are you watching it live?? Aren't you in Kiwi Land?
Wouldn't that mean you wouldn't get it until we got it here?

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:31 pm

Well just found out thats its going to be fast tracked to Aus. so i may be able to watch it live. cool. now i can pass judgement on it.

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:17 pm

Judge not lest thee be judged. :P
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby xelljin » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:31 am

oh...I'm not watching it live....can't watch it live and sadly even if I did I don't think I'd ever be factored into Kiwi ratings as I don't fit ANY (as it turns out) of the profiles they pick when doing ratings surveys.

I was merely encouraging those who can...to do so. :)

As an interesting note...I was talking to a friend of mine who's in the US about ratings and things and it turns out this guy gets surveyed and has had the neilsen box thing offered to him etc etc etc a million times. me? never. not once. I have never ever ever contributed to ratings even though I used to religious watch TNG and the X-Files and others because I figured they could just know what you were watching somehow. As it turns out....nope!

yeah so apparently...according to my friend it is because for one thing, I don't subscribe to anything...no magazines, no newspapers. For another I apparently am too careful to keep my address and phone number to myself.

Who knew!?
xelljin

New postby Raven Kai » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:29 am

So, Neilson is secretly Ed McMahon and he's only coming to your house if you filled out your Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes and subscribed to a bunch of junk while you were at it.
Last edited by Raven Kai on Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:54 am

oh thats just crap.... thats just dashed my hopes in watching tv... I always thought they just knew you were wacthing it... I wonder how many untold millions of people watch these shows but the networks don't know about it... All those shows that could still be going...

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:03 am

You can try going to http://www.heynielsen.com/ and sign up and vote. I could never log in. Continuous loop. Opened two accounts trying to get it to work but a no go for me and the tech team kind of just started ignoring me... :( But some of my other friends were able to log in and vote. so you try and see?!
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:46 am

Thats for Americans isn't it? By the time i get around tho seeing the shows they have already cancelled it!

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:40 am

Yep, and I feel the same way. Can't wait for BBC to do their international website so I can watch their shows online, too.
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:54 am

oh?!? Are they really doing that?!?!?! JOY!!!! now i can be up to date with all the dr who eps!!

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:26 am

Keep checking their website. When you click on 'watch full episodes' it gives you a message tht they are still working on their itnernational player... soooooo... *fingers crossed* Hopefully it won't be toooo long
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby kingfelic » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:19 am

Okay, so i watched it last night, and I liked it. Though there were parts i didn't want to see, lol... But overall it was really good I thought. Now I look forward to the next episode. Though what i found strange about it being a series premier was that it wasn't an hour or two hours in length, but actually an hour and a half, so when it ended i was like, "it's over already?" mainly cause I was expecting another half hour.
Geek: slang term, noting individuals as "a peculiar or otherwise odd person, especially one who is perceived to be overly obsessed with one or more things including those of intellectuality, electronics, etc." Formerly, the term referred to a carnival performer often billed as a wild man whose act usually includes biting the head off a live chicken, bat, snake or bugs. The 1976 edition of the American Heritage Dictionary included only the definition regarding geek shows.
kingfelic

New postby Raven Kai » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:24 am

lol. Well, that's american advertising for you. For every 40 minutes of show, you get 20 minutes of commercials. :P Did you watch it online or tv?
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Victoria Winters » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:27 pm

I thought it was 20 minutes of show and 40 minutes of commercials. In the U.S.
Love that BBC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Victoria Winters

New postby Aaron_0105 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:37 pm

Yes did you watch it online or tv? If on line where did you go to get it? (and if you say your computer in your bedroom...... Smarta$$)

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

Next

Return to TV and Web Series