Stargate Universe

Here's the place to discuss science fiction and fantasy TV and Web series, plus their characters, actors, and crew.

Re: Stargate Universe

New postby Raven Kai » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:24 pm

Telkesh wrote: **Except Chloe Carpenter. What the hell is she? A party girl in her first year at an ivy league school. Uhm.. How did she get on the million year old space ship? I'm pretty sure 'party animal' isn't on the SGC's preferred personal list.

Maybe she was in the sack with Jared when his CO showed up to reassign him and they hid her in his footlocker so he wouldn't get in trouble but the CO had a team of techs with him that wisked the footlocker off to the ready room, never offering Chloe a chance to escape. When silence finally falls and she dares open the lid of her hiding place, she discovers it won't open because it's at the bottom of a stack of crates bound for another galaxy... :P
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Telkesh » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:28 pm

Raven Kai wrote: she discovers it won't open because it's at the bottom of a stack of crates bound for another galaxy... :P

And she dies! whoo! I'm liking this series already.

Can you guys do better? go on, assemble your team and step through the gate, I dares ya ;)
:-:Smile - It may seem dark now, but a new dawn will come. Dawn always comes:-:
Telkesh

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:47 am

I don't have your creativity mate..... my team would suck even more than them losers...
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:27 am

Maybe I'll try this creative activity. I've been very wordy lately. Not sure why but I'm reading a lot, too.
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:20 pm

Too easy for you i reckon.. how about a bad guy? Every tv series has a bad guy....
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Telkesh » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:04 am

Telkesh wrote:Assemble your team and step through the gate, I dares ya ;)

It's not really fair of me to ask you to assemble your teams and not assemble my own now, is it? So at work i came up with two teams. My first is just a joke, but my second could work.

Stargate: Recurring

Team Leader: Lieutenant Colonel Evan Lorne

Who didn't expect that? Kavan Smith is a great actor and Lorne is a good character. About time he got promoted
First appearance: Runner

Team Xena: Larrin

I needed the token female (have to follow the cliches) and I didn't want to go with the female genius, so instead I went with the Female fighter. She's more dexterous then strength, and a decent mechanic as well.
First appearance: Travelers

Team More muscle then brains: Kiryk

I like him. That is all. He finds himself bonding with the team genius, strangely, considering how different the two are. Earned the nickname 'Calvin' from Col Lorne.
First appearance: Tracker

Team Genius: H.O.B

H.O.B has no name. Or at least he had a name once, but over the last 2000 years of torture it has been forgotten to him. He is content to be known as H.O.B, Or 'Hobbs' as Col Lorne calls him.
H.O.B has become friends with Kiryk, it is unsure why, perhaps their histories of torture and pain are too similar for him. While friends they will still bicker with each other. Lorne finds it funny to tell 'Calvin and Hobbs' to be quiet. Possibly because of the look of confusion on their faces.
H.O.B's body was stolen from him over 2000 years ago by a goa'uld. A goa'uld we know well. Ba'al. Hence the name H.O.B, Host of Ba'al.
Hobbs has forgotten much of his previous life, but still retains the humor, and slight arrogance, that he has known over the past 2000 years as host. He also retained a lot of Ba'al's knowledge, making him the foremost expert on the Stargate network
First appearance: Stargate Continuum

Stargate: The next Generation
aka. Stargate: Children

I think I've mentioned this team before, but I love them so much.

Team Leader: Major Jonathan O'Neill
You can't deny fate. Even if there are two of you. After graduating high school Jonathan knew there was only one place he could be, the Air-Force. With no help from his 'father' he joins the air-force and excels in every aspect of his training, almost as if he has done it all before. He refuses to take a helping hand from Generals O'Neill and Landry and get through his training. It is in his first year at the academy that he meets and befriends Cadet Frasier.
In her he can confide the truth of who he is - what he is. A close friendship forms between the two, born of mutual respect and acknowledgment, they are both 'alien' in their own ways.
Jonathan refuses to be called Jack and only Cassandra can get away with it, although she chooses to call him Johnny more then Jack, just to bug him.
After graduating Jonathan was quickly snatched up by the SGC, the only organization that respect him for what he is. 50 years of experience in one 20-something year old body.
Jonathan spent his first year at the SGC on SG:13 with Col Dixon before rapidly raising the ranks to Captain and being placed in charge of SG:12 for a short time, once again being recognized for his skills and being promoted to Major. Jonathan knows Jack is somehow behind his quick rise to success.
Jonathan is put in charge of the team that steps through the gate after unlocking the 9th chevron.

Team Medic: Lieutenant Cassandra Frasier
After her mother died Cassandra was unsure of where her future lay. Her biological parents were both long dead, her adopted mother had died in the line of duty and her adopted Aunt is off-world as much as she is on Earth. Cassandra was alone. At first she was mad at her mother for risking her life for another, but eventually she forgave her mother and realised that her mother would of been proud of the way she died. Saving lives. And she should be proud of her for it.
Cassandra decided to honour her mother by following in her footsteps, but also taking lessons from her adopted Aunt as well. She joined the air-force and began her training as both an officer and a medic.

It is in her first year at the academy that she meets an interesting young man, seemingly by accident, a young man she knows she has met before. Cadet Jonathan O'Neill. Jonathan and Cassandra quickly become best friends, both advancing through the academy and being assigned to the SGC together. She is the only person in the galaxy who can get away with calling Jonathan Jack, sometimes even Uncle Jack if she really wants to annoy him.
Cassandra makes her own name for herself, stepping out of her mother's shadow when her team is pinned down on an alien planet and she is needed to save a wounded marine's life - just like the day her mother died. The irony is not lost on her, but both she and the marine make it out in one piece. Cassandra is Jonathan's first choice when it comes to assembling his new team.

Team Genius: Captain Jennifer Hailey
Cpt. Hailey, following in her mentor's footsteps was assigned to an SG team finally and has spent the last few years working her way to the top to become one of the smartest people in 3 galaxies.
Just like Carter she can handle herself in a firefight, but is much more at home in front of a laptop saving the world that way.

Team Big Guy: Ryak of Chulak
I dunno why he's here. He just is. :oops:
Telkesh

New postby Aaron_0105 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:30 am

Mate, that Stargate: Children...... Genuis... brilliant.... Awesome...

Maybe you should send that in to Mr cooper and Mr Wright....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:18 am

Telkesh - omg, I'm teary eyed right now. I love the team you have assembled. It would be amazing if that happend! Ryak I think is still helping with the free Jaffa but other then him, everyone else would be soooo awsome to have! I do think you should send your idea to Cooper and Wright. It may be too late to have them as the lead on the show (I hear casting calls have gone out already?) but maybe you could either sway them to change their minds or perhaps get a new team idea that will show up in the next SG1 or Atlantis movie and go on from there with other stories.

Seriously, they are a team now for me. :P Well done!!!
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Pegasus Angel » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:14 am

Now that's something I'd pay to watch!!!

Good call Tel :mrgreen:
Pegasus Angel

New postby Telkesh » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:14 pm

Ryak

With the death of Ba'al the Free Jaffa can finally rest easy in the knowledge the Goa'uld are gone. The new leader of the Jaffa nation, Bra'tac of Chulak decides it is time to mend the fences with the allies who are responsible for bringing about the downfall of the goa'uld.
Bra'tac assigns eight of his most skilled Jaffa, personal apprentices of his, to assist the SGC in keeping peace in the galaxy, these Jaffa were to make up a new wing of SGC personal, The AAA (Alien Alliance Auxiliaries), 5 SG-Teams made up of Jaffa, Tok'ra and other random allies of the Tau'ri.
Rayak joins as a lower member of SGA-1, a team made up purely of Jaffa.
To further the Alliance, Bta'tac, O'Neill and Landry decide that one of the SGA should be assigned to one of the SGU teams.

During his time on base he has formed a tentative friendship with Major O'Neill, he is unsure why O'Neill is so friendly towards him, not knowing about Jonathan's patronage, but is willing to accept an ally on the base.
When Jonathan was approached and told to accept one of the SGA as his own he didn't need to think about it. Ryak has proven himself to have his father's heart and spirit, if not his brute strength. He has the heart of a warrior.
Telkesh

New postby Dementi » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:21 am

Telk, I think that you should start writing AU fics...
I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream.
Dementi

New postby Raven Kai » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:34 am

*nod*

Someone needs to share your idea with Cooper and Wright. If you don't, we will. :P
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Telkesh » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:15 am

When it comes down to writing I'm not that good. Ideas I can do, to an extent. I know what I like, and what I'd like to see, so that's what I write up. But when it comes to the fine detail I'm at a loss. I am more then happy to tell other people how to write their books and characters, though *nudges John*

As for submission, I think they'd of heard that combination before. It's pretty simple.

Edit: Uhm, what's an AU fic?
Telkesh

New postby Raven Kai » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:22 am

AU - Alternate Universe
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Dementi » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:31 pm

Raven Kai wrote:AU - Alternate Universe

what she said...

AU fics allow fanfic writers to stray from cannon.
Dementi

New postby Telkesh » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:25 pm

Dementi wrote:Telk, I think that you should start writing AU fics...

Not happies with you :) Find out why tomorrow.
As for giving my idea to those guys, feel free to do it, doubt they'll care :)
Telkesh

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:37 pm

grabs a bowl of popcorn and sits down to watch the greatest show on earth... Dementi getting in trouble.......

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Victoria Winters » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:28 pm

Care to share your popcorn Aaron? You know I'm always up for a good show. :)
(digs out her beanbag and plops down)
Any view of things that is not strange, is false.
Victoria Winters

New postby Raven Kai » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:07 pm

now if we can just find a way to contact them. :P
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Telkesh » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:27 pm

Telkesh wrote:When it comes down to writing I'm not that good. Ideas I can do, to an extent.

And, just to prove to you all how not skilled i am at the finer points of writings, and because Dementi planted the idea in my head. Seriously girl, bad move. If an idea gets in there I can't think about anything else until it's out.

But I digress, so I give you the first half of the prologue for:

*clicky

I just came off a 12 hour shift. In fact in the past 60 hours of this weekend I have been at work for 32 of those hours. So i'll finish typing up the prologue one day. Maybe :)
Telkesh

New postby Dementi » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:58 pm

Be mad at me all you want, but I think I proved a point. Telk that was great! I cannot wait for you to add more.

*claps for Telk....
Dementi

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:12 pm

hangon mate the A's gotta be the earth symbol! What are trying to do?!?!?!? Ruin the franchise! Sheesh!!

nah in all seriousness mate that is excellent stuff. I will eagerly be waiting for the installment...

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Telkesh » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:46 am

I tried to add the A! but it didn't look right with that font.

But I updated the prologue. it now contains basically the plot for the first book. Next chapter is as follows:

Karr Rya'c
5 years ago

That is about as far as i think I'll ever go, lol :)

when Universe was announced i was sure it was going to be about Alternate universes. And with the Daedalus variations and McKay swearing he could create the drive again. I was sure they'd do it. I don't know where they got the plot for Universe from, or the characters, but I'm not holding my breath :)
Telkesh

New postby Raven Kai » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:35 am

Tel, great job! woot! Can't wait to read more and just so you know, I RARELY read fan fic.

As for Universe, well, Cooper and Wright are impossible to get ahold of and Mallozzi's blog doesn't have a contact address so anything you put on there will be posted as a comment. :? I'm at a loss other then printing it and mailing it.
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:08 am

I suppose it would make sense for them not to have any contact details unless it was via mgm or scifi? otherwise they would really get some crackpots from Australia bugging the hell out of 'em...

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:11 am

lol. Try MGM. I looked at the Stargate site on MGM but didn't try MGM directly. Hmmm...
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Telkesh » Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:19 am

Bored... :)

Team Leader

Name: Evan Lorne
Callsign: Pending
Affiliation: United States Air Force
Previous Posting: Atlantis Expedition
Skills: Ancient Gene. Pilot. Earth weapons, small. Wraith weapons
Race: Human
appearance: He's Lorne.
Backstory: Lorne.

Team Big Man

Name: Pending. Something Girly.
Callsign: Brick
Affiliation: United States Marine Corp
Previous Posting: Stargate Command
Skills: Earth weapons, small and large. Hand to Hand combat. Goa'Uld technology. Goa'uld weapons. Several Earth based martial arts.
appearance: Extremely muscular. Dark complexion.
Backstory: Marine sergeant. Smarter then he looks. Refused to be an officer BECAUSE he is so smart.
Pending.

Team Genius

Name: Pending (something Long)
Callsign: Skippy
Affiliation: Lantean deep space research
Previous Posting: Atlantis
Skills: All forms of Ancient technology...sort of
Race: Lantean
appearance: When introduced he appears to be about 80 human years old, slwoly reverting back to the appearance of someone in their late 20's early 30's.
Backstory: Head scientist of the team working on the Ancient ship. Installed many feautres himself. was approached by the Lantean council to make one change to the ship... A stasis pod.
The council wanted a brave volunteer to go with the 'unmanned' ship and Skippy volunteered right away. He had put his life into the ship and wanted to be with it wherever it wound up.
The lanteans tweaked with the

Team green

Name: Pending. Something Girly
Callsign: Sparks
Affiliation: United States Air Force
Previous Posting: Stargate Command
Skills: Demolitions. Large explosives. Earth Weapons, small. Hand to Hand combat training, advanced.
appearance: Short, approx 5'10. Short blonde hair, firey attitude
Backstory: Pending

Team Alien

Name: Pending
Callsign: firefly
Affiliation: Meanda village
Previous Posting: Officer of (Pending) military
Skills: First Aid/Medic, Humans. Field surgeon, (Pending). Hand to Hand combat. Melee weapons, energy based and normal. Flashing.
Race: Pending
appearance: Young with mature eyes. Blue skin. Amber eyes (Like the vampires in Twilight). Bright orange lines tracing from her hands up her arms to just below her ears, same on her legs (rarely seen).
Backstory:

Finish Later.
Telkesh

New postby Aaron_0105 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:45 am

ROFLMAO!!!!

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Pegasus Angel » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:14 am

Interesting team :D
Pegasus Angel

New postby Aaron_0105 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:47 pm

Well it seems no one has posted i ages about this show and i just read this over on PA's forum and i thought i would share it over here as well.
He led SG-1 through the gate for eight seasons, and helped launch Stargate Atlantis five years ago. Now Richard Dean Anderson is set to bring Jack O’Neill back to Stargate with what sounds like multiple appearances on Stargate Universe.

“Rick is doing episodes of Universe,” series co-creator Brad Wright told GateWorld exclusively today. “He was just here yesterday shooting an episode of Universe with us. So that relationship is always on-going, and it’s good to have him back.”

The show’s fifth episode, “Earth,” is currently filming, and is likely one in which Anderson will appear. But will he help kick off the show by also appearing in the first episode, as he and Michael Shanks (“Daniel Jackson”) did with Atlantis?

Later the same day (today), former Stargate SG-1 co-star Gary Jones (“Walter Harriman”) appeared on stage at Creation Entertainment’s official Stargate convention in Vancouver, and told fans that he is appearing in an episode of SGU with Anderson. He noted that General O’Neill will have been promoted to 3-star general for the episode they filmed together.

Jones didn’t specify which episode it was, but he also noted that he (Jones) was asked to appear in the SGU premiere, “Air.” So, if you’re keeping score at home, Jones should appear in “Air” and Anderson is likely for “Earth” — while Anderson is possible for “Air” and/or Jones is possible for “Earth.”

Confused? To add to the speculation fun of fans attending this week’s Vancouver convention, part of Michael Shanks and Amanda Tapping’s Sunday appearance has been moved to Saturday. According to reports from fans communicating with Creation, the reason given is that both actors have an early Monday morning call for filming. Whether that’s for Stargate Universe or not is still guesswork.

Stick with GateWorld this week and through the weekend for more news from the Vancouver Stargate convention! Stargate Universe is now filming for a fall premiere on SCI FI Channel in the U.S.

I got goose bumps when i saw this.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

PreviousNext

Return to TV and Web Series