Stargate Universe

Here's the place to discuss science fiction and fantasy TV and Web series, plus their characters, actors, and crew.

Stargate Universe

New postby Dementi » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:31 am

Well, with the cancellation of SG-1 and it proceeding to direct-to-DVD-release movies, and the cancellation of SGA, there seems to be a divided fan base on whether or not they will even tune in for the premiere of the third release from the Stargate Franchise, Stargate Universe.

Wikipedia wrote:According to Cooper, Stargate Universe "maintains the spirit of Stargate, but opens up a whole new 'universe'."It is "a completely separate, third entity"– as opposed to Stargate Atlantis, which was created as a spin-off from the first series Stargate SG-1. Like the first two series in the franchise, Stargate Universe will take place during the present time, not in the distant future.The show will be "set on a ship that was part of an Ancient experiment" to seed the galaxies with Stargates millions of years ago but that was prematurely ended by the Ancients' ascension. After placing Stargates throughout multiple galaxies, a second ship would follow up and explore.When a team of explorers from Earth find an Ancient unmanned ship called the Destiny and are unable to return to Earth, the crew must fend for themselves aboard the ship as it takes them to the far reaches of the universe. The basis of Stargate Universe is that the ninth and final chevron, the purpose of which was previously unknown, would serve to get to the first ship. The show will involve more space-based action than SG-1 or Atlantis.

SCI FI green-lights Stargate Universe

Feel free to check out the forums, the fanbase has been divided on this one.
I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream.
Dementi

New postby Raven Kai » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:24 am

I'm divided as well. I'm worried Universe will be Stargate 90210 :?
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Telkesh » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:45 am

I'm leaning more to the 'will not' side of things. But then again Star Trek fans might of said the same thing about voyager.

But of course I'll watch the first season, then make my call. But I am hoping they manage to squeeze in this line:

"No, we are not calling it the Voyager"
:-:Smile - It may seem dark now, but a new dawn will come. Dawn always comes:-:
Telkesh

New postby Raven Kai » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:09 pm

rofl.

yes, I will watch it and see how long it takes to loose me. Atlantis lost me mid season on, as did BSG. I went back Season 2 and liked what I saw so started over from the beginning. I think Star Trek Next Gen was the same way. takes a year to get it's legs. I think that is true of all Scifi shows and think that ALL scifi shows should automatically get a 2 season deal as part of negotiation, ya know?
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Dementi » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:10 pm

lol...I am still on the fence...good thing it isn't a picket fence... :twisted:
Dementi

New postby Raven Kai » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:41 pm

Some people like picket fences. :D
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Victoria Winters » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:35 pm

And some people like iron fences with little points to sharpen. :twisted:
Any view of things that is not strange, is false.
Victoria Winters

New postby Dementi » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:44 pm

Not if you are sitting on them.. :shock:
Dementi

New postby Victoria Winters » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:00 pm

um.. perhaps not...
Any view of things that is not strange, is false.
Victoria Winters

New postby Dementi » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:18 pm

lol
Dementi

New postby Aaron_0105 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:30 pm

ooohhh i'm so glad your back Dementi... LOL!!!!!
I'm with you as well, still "squating" LOL, on the fence as it is... Now that Raven Mentions it if they are going for a younger cast hope it doesn't turn into a soapie...
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Dementi » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:45 pm

As the Universe turns...
Dementi

New postby Aaron_0105 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:05 pm

so are the days....

ROFLMAO!!!!
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Telkesh » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:34 pm

Raven Kai wrote:I think that is true of all Scifi shows and think that ALL scifi shows should automatically get a 2 season deal as part of negotiation, ya know?

Aye. Stargate was a great show for it's time, but it's first season compared to today's shows is lacking. All great sci-fi needs time to find it's legs.

One good thing about Universe - I spent all day at work thinking up characters for the main team, some already seen, some new. Based off what has worked/not worked for the other stargate's. (Hint: My team has 5 members, 2 of which are aliens, one of which is EXTREMELY alien (think Spike form Sanctuary))
Telkesh

New postby Dementi » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:44 am

I WANT MCKAY!

I wouldn't mind Sheppard and Lorne as well...hmm do you see a pattern...oh wait can't forget Mitchell...oh yes there is defiantly a pattern.
Last edited by Dementi on Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dementi

New postby Raven Kai » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:27 am

:) Yes, I see the pattern.

Would anyone be offended if I admited I've NEVER found Daniel attractive in the least bit? He's too... whiney and whimpy and full of himself. Any man on the base but him. :D
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:18 am

Raven Kai wrote::) Yes, I see the pattern.

Would anyone be offended if I admited I've NEVER found Daniel attractive in the least bit? He's too... whiney and whimpy and full of himself. Any man on the base but him. :D

Hey, funny you should say that.... Cos i was watching the special features from season 8 i think and they had this story from the Insider if i recall correctly and Michael Shanks said ,Quote, "..He is just a whiney little Bitch"
So straight out of the horses mouth!
Pardon my french people..

@Dementi.. What about the uber cool chick in the team?

I wonder if they could get Spike? that would be awesome!

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:19 am

Spike is too busy kissing Captain Jack... er.. oh wait. Wrong Spike. :oops: You mean Steve.
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Dementi » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:56 am

I would be the Uber Chick...yum...
Dementi

New postby Telkesh » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:31 pm

Raven Kai wrote:Spike is too busy kissing Captain Jack... er.. oh wait. Wrong Spike. :oops: You mean Steve.

Wow, I can't believe I forgot his name. It's been too long since I had sanctuary love.

I actually picked Col Dixon to lead the team. Aside from SG:1 his team was my favourite, but I picked only him. (or Lorne)
Then there was House.

Major Rick 'House' Briggs

The big man of the team. Bigger then Teal'c even. Can snap your neck just by clicking his fingers.
But like many big man, he has the heart of gold. Can take on 10 enemy soldiers bare handed, but will step aside to not step on a bug.
House is also the medic of the team.
If you ask him he is called House because "That damn rookie watches too much TV"
If you ask Dave (Dixon) It's because he's built like a 'Brick S***house'

Rookie no-Name

she's obviously the green one. Expecting things to go by the book, or in the very least, expecting her superiors to go by the book, no matter how many times Dave tells her the book is millions of light years away.
And because every team needs the brains, I'm lumping her with the job.

Lt Ricky 'Redshirt' Jones

He dies.

That's my 4-man team.

Then the team meets Cliche.

Amara 'Cliche' inkeeperdaughter

The innkeepers daughter. Is hired by the team (Before Redshirt dies) to show them around the area.
While they're out they are attacked by an unknown alien threat, Redshirt dies, team rush back to village. It's in Ashes.
Cliche has all the usual talents. Hand to hand combat, swords (funky alien swords, but swords nonetheless), knowledge of other planets.

And the 5th member was:

Alien McAlien

One of the 'enemy'.. Either a defector, or just a young soldier who had no idea what he was getting in to.

Very alien looks, very alien speech, and something really funky, like natural cloaking.

My team :)

Also Dr Mckay. Or Dr Miller.
Telkesh

New postby Aaron_0105 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:03 pm

Dementi wrote:I would be the Uber Chick...yum...

AGREED!

@Telkesh... ROFLMAO! Thats great! the whole thing is almost a cliche! Its great!

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:45 pm

*lol* Oh I hope they read your ideas and borrow from them.

:D
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:59 pm

just looking back over it again but technically speaking isn't Amara the innkeepers daughter already an alien?? sorry to poke holes into it.

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:08 pm

Yes, that was intended though. He said earlier that 2 of them should be alien. pay attention. :P
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Telkesh » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:29 pm

Aaron_0105 wrote:just looking back over it again but technically speaking isn't Amara the innkeepers daughter already an alien?? sorry to poke holes into it.

Yeah, she is. 2 aliens. One over the top alien and one 'exactly human just another planet even though we're in another galaxy' alien.
Telkesh

New postby Aaron_0105 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:36 am

Sorry Raven and T...my analysis was too focused me thinks... didn't see the whole thing... a failing of mine...

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby kingfelic » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:06 pm

OMG! Did anyone else read what the "possible" casting call for the characters of this New Series was going to be? I am VERY UNhappy with it... mainly cause most of the characters are pretty much my age... like if one or two.. sure, but all but one.. come on! Seriously!

Colonel Everett Young
40's handsome, capable, former SG team leader. Like the Jack O'Neill of ten years ago, but Young's edges have tended to sharpen over time. He requested permission to serve the remainder of his commission on Earth upon marrying his wife, Hailey, two years ago, but for now he's temporary commander of a secret off world base. The loss of two members of his team several years ago has taught him never to take anything for granted, and be prepared for anything. He stays on top of his team so they stay alive. STAR NAMES ONLY. SERIES REGULAR;

Tamara Jon
20-25, all ethnicities (Asian Preferably). SGC Field medic, Captain grade. Off world experience. Beautiful, tough, smart, capable. Paramedic level training. Able to triage serious injury. Modest background. Dreamed of being a doctor but couldn't afford medical school and the Air Force was her best option. She ends up being the most medically inclined person on the ship but is overwhelmed by the lack of knowledge and experience treating seriously wounded and ill patients. She also lacks the medicine and supplies and has to make do. SERIES REGULAR;

Chloe Carpenter
20ish. Stunning and sexy. Daughter of a U.S. Senator. Silver spoon upbringing and a little spoiled but not stupid either. Politically and socially savvy. Dreams of following in her father's footsteps but for now she's a bit of a party girl in her first year at an Ivy League school. Her father's tragic death and the dire circumstances of being trapped on a spaceship seriously tests her character. SERIES REGULAR;

Eli Hitchcock
20-25. Total slacker. Utter genius. Mathematics, computers, anything he puts his mind to. Acerbic sense of humor. A social outcast. Comes from a broken home. Lacks confidence because his true intelligence has never really been recognized like Matt Damon's character from Good Will Hunting with a little Jack Black thrown in sptv050769. SERIES REGULAR;

Lt. Jared Nash
20-25. Junior S.G.C. team member. Officer material but green and rough around the edges. Every teenage girl's fantasy. Like a college quarterback thrown into his first pro game, he is thrust into the role of leader well before he's ready for the responsibility and must learn to take command, earn respect through action, and manage the diverse personalities on the ship to keep everyone alive. Like Jason Bourne, he is skilled and well-trained however he is mentally unprepared for the urgency of the situation. SERIES REGULAR;

Ron "Psycho" Stasiak
20, all ethnicities. Marine. Big, strong, silent. You want him on your side. You don't want him mad at you. Lacks control over his temper in non combat situations. His past is a mystery but it's clear something dark formed the hard shell around him. Yet, there must also be some moral center because otherwise he'd kill everyone around him. Think Eric Bana's character "Hoot" in Blackhawk Down. SERIES REGULAR.

This screams disastor to me! ...lol maybe i should write for them ahaha! Then it would be good!

So are you all as disappointed as I am??
Geek: slang term, noting individuals as "a peculiar or otherwise odd person, especially one who is perceived to be overly obsessed with one or more things including those of intellectuality, electronics, etc." Formerly, the term referred to a carnival performer often billed as a wild man whose act usually includes biting the head off a live chicken, bat, snake or bugs. The 1976 edition of the American Heritage Dictionary included only the definition regarding geek shows.
kingfelic

New postby Raven Kai » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:38 pm

Yes, i was completely turned off by it. Thank GOD it's just a rumor at this point, hopefully a very WRONG rumor!
Raven Kai
Administrator

Re:

New postby Telkesh » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:53 pm

kingfelic wrote:So are you all as disappointed as I am??

Aye, I am. Some parts of the characters sound decent, but the overall picture doesn't.

Anyone else getting a 200 spoof flash? The young, edgier team.

Simple obviousness states that team can't exist! You're using the 9th chevron for the first time, going to go who knows where. Who do you send?
"weeeellll, we got this here experienced team. 70 years of military training among them. Worked together as a unit for 5 years in the Stargate program, faced countless threats, saved each other's lives, been there for each other in all situations. the best of the best.... or.. we got this team over here. 'Col Young's day care'. One old man and 5 kids, never worked together before, and all the stereotypes included! The big (possibly black) silent type, the out of control teen needing to fix her shattered life. The genious from a broken home, the green recruit."
"Well now there you go. When sending a team into the unknown ALWAYS send the rejects, it makes for funny TV."

p.s Naming the only man in the team over 30 'Young' ha-ha, my sides are aching, that is so funny. In the immortal words of Daffy Duck "I demand that you shoot me now".

That team screams fail. I do like the 'all military' concept, though**. SGA is a good show, but the primary team is 50% alien, 25% civilian and 25% military. I like a touch of alien, but there has to be atleast 70% military in an SGC team.

**Except Chloe Carpenter. What the hell is she? A party girl in her first year at an ivy league school. Uhm.. How did she get on the million year old space ship? I'm pretty sure 'party animal' isn't on the SGC's preferred personal list.
Telkesh

Re: Stargate Universe

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:45 pm

Boooooooooorrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggg...........

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

Next

Return to TV and Web Series