Stargate SG-1

Here's the place to discuss science fiction and fantasy TV and Web series, plus their characters, actors, and crew.

Team Stargate

New postby Raven Kai » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:56 am

From the Official Stargate.MGM.com Website:

Join Team Stargate today.
Help MGM promote your favorite show across cyber space and you could receive cool Stargate collectibles or other rewards by completing assignments set forth in the Team Stargate mission letters, submitting completed reports and following the Team Stargate
Raven Kai
Administrator

Stargate SG-1

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:02 pm

I can't believe we don't have a discussion about this show on this forum yet :shock:
Anyways i was just watching again episode "200", again..... when i heard that number again 30185? The Mission that has been classified higher than the highest classification known to man?
Does anyone here know what this is? Or is it just made up to needle Cameron?
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:34 am

I think it's made up to needle Cameron. Then again, it could be the subplot for the 4th movie. :D
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:40 am

Is there going to be 3rd movie or you just playing with that chain again....
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Dementi » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:49 am

She likes pulling that "chain"....
I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream.
Dementi

New postby Aaron_0105 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:37 am

without a doubt.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Pegasus Angel » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:44 am

SPOILER PIC FOR CONTINUUM*

http://pictures.repro-network.net/sg1/ctu/ms/imagepages/image22.html

...and according to SDL on Angel's Reach it is permanent in both time lines :shock: :(
Pegasus Angel

New postby Raven Kai » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:21 am

OMG..... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby antoa315 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:54 pm

Pegasus Angel wrote:SPOILER PIC FOR CONTINUUM*

http://pictures.repro-network.net/sg1/ctu/ms/imagepages/image22.html

...and according to SDL on Angel's Reach it is permanent in both time lines :shock: :(

I am going to have to call BS on that info. If it's true, then why are they talking about wanting to ask him to do the 3rd movie if it happens?
antoa315

New postby Pegasus Angel » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:14 pm

I hope you are right, and I can believe you are, great pic to let slip though to get people talking and worrying :D
Pegasus Angel

New postby antoa315 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:01 pm

Pegasus Angel wrote:I hope you are right, and I can believe you are, great pic to let slip though to get people talking and worrying :D

Something that huge they wouldn't let slip in a promo picture released months before the movie. It's a tease meant to mislead us.
antoa315

New postby Raven Kai » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:02 pm

*waiting patiently for her Amazon.com preorder to ship* Oooh, wait, you said Continuum??!?! For cryin out loud, that's not next month! *chews lips*
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Pegasus Angel » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:36 am

antoa315 wrote:
Pegasus Angel wrote:I hope you are right, and I can believe you are, great pic to let slip though to get people talking and worrying :D

Something that huge they wouldn't let slip in a promo picture released months before the movie. It's a tease meant to mislead us.

You are very good at calming my nerves *thanks* :D
Pegasus Angel

New postby Dementi » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:31 pm

In the end it really doesn't mean anything. We will just have to wait and see!
Dementi

New postby Aaron_0105 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:09 am

I just saw an article on gateworld about audiodramas.. Does anyone know anything bout audio dramas? Are they worth listening too?

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Dementi » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:20 am

Wikipedia wrote:Radio drama is a form of audio storytelling broadcast on radio. With no visual component, radio drama depends on dialogue, music and sound effects to help the listener imagine the story.

Radio drama achieved widespread popularity within a decade of its initial development in the 1920s. By the 1940s, it was a leading international popular entertainment. With the advent of television in the 1950s, however, radio drama lost some of its popularity, and in some countries, has never regained large audiences. However, recordings of OTR (old-time radio) survive today in the audio archives of collectors and museums.

The single best-known episode of radio drama is probably the Orson Welles-directed adaptation of The War of the Worlds (1938), which some listeners believed to be real news broadcast about an invasion from Mars.

As of 2006, radio drama has a minimal presence in the United States. Much of American radio drama is restricted to rebroadcasts or podcasts of programs from previous decades. However, other nations still have thriving traditions of radio drama. The BBC produces and broadcasts hundreds of new radio dramas per year on Radio 4, BBC 7 and Radio 3, - On Radio 4 as afternoon plays, Friday evenings, woman's hour daily short dramas, Saturday plays, Sunday classic serials and on Radio 3 Sunday evening drama on 3 and the once-monthly experimental wire slot. BBC7 output tends to be comedy, sci-fi, 7th dimension - and predominantly archived programs. Podcasting has also offered a means to create new radio dramas in addition to the distribution of vintage programs.

The terms "audio drama" or "audio theatre" are sometimes used synonymously with "radio drama" with one notable distinction -- audio drama or audio theatre is not intended specifically for broadcast on radio. Audio drama --whether newly produced or OTR classics -- can be found on CDs, cassette tapes, podcasts, webcasts and conventional broadcast radio.

A great link to find any type of Podcast you want DramaPod

And for those Dr Who Fans

I have personally downloaded a couple of sci fi podcasts that are great...I will have to go and find the links as itunes automatically updates for me.
Dementi

New postby Aaron_0105 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:33 pm

Thanks Dementi! I never thought about those good old radio shows..... I'm going to have to try them and see how i go....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

Re: Stargate SG-1

New postby Telkesh » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:49 am

Aaron_0105 wrote:Anyways i was just watching again episode "200", again..... when i heard that number again 30185? The Mission that has been classified higher than the highest classification known to man?
Does anyone here know what this is? Or is it just made up to needle Cameron?

The general assumption on the SG:1 forums that I go to is that 30185 reffered to one of the first foothold situations (Episode titled 'Foothold' - duh)
In the end the entire events of the episode were covered up, the only people who knew it ever happened were those involved, and no one was ever told again.
But I prefer Jack being the babydaddy idea more.

Anyway, I LOVE SG:1, so much so that as soon as I'm done here I'm going to go watch Children of the gods again.

So Gatefans, what's your story? When did you first see our beloved SG:1, any geeky stargate stories?
:-:Smile - It may seem dark now, but a new dawn will come. Dawn always comes:-:
Telkesh

New postby Pegasus Angel » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:49 am

Lol I'm trying to get my Mum into Stargate, but she doesn't like Teal'cs Goa'uld. :lol:

She saw the film, then borrowed my S1 box set. I actually watched 'Children of the Gods' with her. She really liked it apart from 'that' aspect.

She said to me, now don't talk all the way through and tell me things, so I kept quiet, but she kept on asking me stuff, in the end I was like, just watch it!!! I laughed when she said she really liked the character of Kawalski. I was thinking, yeah well don't get too attached to the character... :wink:
She hasn't watched any since, but I'm going over in 5 weeks (for AT3!) and will make sure she carries on watching.

:D
Pegasus Angel

New postby abacus » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:04 pm

Telkesh wrote:But I prefer Jack being the babydaddy idea more.

You used the word 'babydaddy'! The Idiots would be so proud.
abacus

New postby kingfelic » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:39 pm

I got hooked after watching Atlantis on the Movie network here... so i had to watch as many episodes as i could find to catch up... i still think i'm not cought up entirely but I think I should ask LoganMatrix If I can borrow some his DVD's from his collection... seeing he lives across the street from me, lol.

geeky moments? ummm... hmmm... in class I tend to talk to LoganMatrix about one thing and easily lead it to stargate (at least 1 a day) causing people to think there is seriously something wrong with us cause no one knows what we are talking about. I don't know if that's geeky by being able to make stargate references almost everyday, lol.
Geek: slang term, noting individuals as "a peculiar or otherwise odd person, especially one who is perceived to be overly obsessed with one or more things including those of intellectuality, electronics, etc." Formerly, the term referred to a carnival performer often billed as a wild man whose act usually includes biting the head off a live chicken, bat, snake or bugs. The 1976 edition of the American Heritage Dictionary included only the definition regarding geek shows.
kingfelic

New postby Raven Kai » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:42 am

abacus wrote:
Telkesh wrote:But I prefer Jack being the babydaddy idea more.

You used the word 'babydaddy'! The Idiots would be so proud.

I KNOW! That's the first thing I thought of too!

Where are those ladies, anyway? I best go off and find them...
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:45 pm

I have no geeky story when it comes to stargate. My self and my mum, who is also a huge fan, watched the movie enjoyed it found out that they were starting SG1 on tv and bgan watching it. Instantly hooked.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Pegasus Angel » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:39 pm

I can't remember when I saw the movie, but I saw it first, then heard it was coming out on tv. My friend at the time, who is now my brother-in-law went to the pains of recording it on video for me every week, then eventually dvd. :wink:

Eventually I bought the boxsets anyway and acquired the latest episodes myself, always buying the boxset later when I could afford them, like any good fan.

When I heard Atlantis was coming out, I was really happy as at the time I was reading loads about Atlantis anyway, and then I was hooked on that straight away too. TBH I prefer Atlantis in the sense that I'd pay to go to an Atlantis convention, but wouldn't for an SG1 event.

I'm so pleased to have met Torri Higginson, Paul McGillion, Kavan Smith, Dean Marshall, Andee Frizzell and of course Amanda Tapping. Also met Damian Kindler (had coffee with him) who as you all know was involved in Atlantis for a short while.

I'm glad they have the 'Atlantis only' events in the UK and I hope next years event will have some of the people were going to see in S5 at it.
Pegasus Angel

Actor Don S. Davis dies at 65

New postby Telkesh » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:06 pm

GateWorld wrote:With great sadness we must report that veteran actor Don S. Davis passed away on June 29, 2008. He was 65 years old.

Don co-starred on Stargate SG-1 for the show's first seven years, helping to launch the enduring science fiction franchise. Davis played Major General George Hammond, base commander and a father figure to many of the show's characters.
He is also well-known for his portrayal of Major Garland Briggs in Twin Peaks.
Off-screen, Don was beloved by the show's cast and crew. He departed the show in 2003 due to a medical condition that restricted his workload, but returned for several guest appearances on SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis in the following years. Don worked hard to improve his health, and continued to work both on screen and off until his death.

Full Story

When i first heard the news i was sure the guy who told me just had a very dark sense of humour.
I scoured the internet for more information until I found a post from Khatie, the community manager of Stargate: Worlds. It was true.

Don S. Davis died yesterday, the 29th of June, 2008 of an apparent heart attack.

It truly is a sad day for geeks in TV. Don was an incredibly talented actor, and will forever be remembered for his work as General Hammond of SG:1, as well as being an incredible artist and sculptor.

Rest in Peace, General.
:-:Smile - It may seem dark now, but a new dawn will come. Dawn always comes:-:
Telkesh

New postby Raven Kai » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:51 pm

I saw a reference to it in someone's signature but couldn't find anything in my searches but someone had updated the Wiki on him to include yesterdays date. I am very sad to hear it. I've spent lots of time going through his art pages. He was an extremely talented man who lived a very full life and made a difference in the world around him. He will be missed.
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Dementi » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:28 pm

That is extremely sad to hear, the SGW just won't be the same without him.
Dementi

New postby Aaron_0105 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:40 pm

Aww now that just sucks.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Victoria Winters » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:06 pm

Oh crud!
Any view of things that is not strange, is false.
Victoria Winters

New postby Raven Kai » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:01 pm

Hammond... *rases hand and waves it over her head once* Of Texas...

I wonder if they will write it into the 3rd SG1 movie or into Season 5 of SGA?

I can see Sam's tears, ya know?
Raven Kai
Administrator

Next

Return to TV and Web Series