Stargate Atlantis (Spoilers)

Here's the place to discuss science fiction and fantasy TV and Web series, plus their characters, actors, and crew.

Stargate Atlantis (Spoilers)

New postby Raven Kai » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:56 am

From the Official Stargate.MGM.com Website:

Join Team Stargate today.
Help MGM promote your favorite show across cyber space and you could receive cool Stargate collectibles or other rewards by completing assignments set forth in the Team Stargate mission letters, submitting completed reports and following the Team Stargate
Last edited by Raven Kai on Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raven Kai
Administrator

Stargate Atlantis: Renewed for Fifth Season

New postby Eye of Ra » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:02 pm

Stargate Atlantis will continue to a fifth season on SCI FI Channel, the network announced today.

SCI FI ordered 20 episodes for Season Five of the series, which despite lower "Live" ratings this year has maintained its status as one of the cable channel's most-watched original dramas.

"'Atlantis' truly came out from under the shadow of its sister series this year and proved that it's a hit in its own right," said Mark Stern, Executive Vice President of original programming for SCI FI Channel.

"All of us at MGM are pleased to be extending the Stargate legacy with 20 new original episodes of Stargate Atlantis for our friends at SCI FI," MGM's Charles E. Cohen, Senior Executive Vice President Finance and Corporate Development, said. "Viewers the world over clamor for exciting new stories of space exploration, distant civilizations and the marvels of technology, all of which continue to be delivered by Stargate Atlantis."

Other shows renewed include Eureka for a third season, according to Variety. The fate of Flash Gordon is still uncertain. A brand new series, titled Revolution, has also received the green light.

Atlantis's fourth season will end on a cliffhanger when the season finale, "The Last Man," airs in March.

got this on gateworld.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
Eye of Ra

New postby Dementi » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:43 pm

Woot!
Dementi

New postby Raven Kai » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:11 pm

Awsome! I wonder if AT will still be on season 5???
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:42 pm

Happy Dance!!! Thats wicked! Hey since most of you guys are in the good old US of A, would any one be able to help me purchase legally the downloadable episodes of atlantis? i tried through Amazon and itunes but you can only be living in America to be able to download it.
Now i want to support the show buy doing the right thing, but i don't see why in this day and age with the technology that we have why i can't watch season 4 yet. The Sci Fi channel here is Australia won't be showing it yet for another god knows how long cos the are only doing reruns of season 1 at the moment....
Any one got any ideas to help me out??
Aaron_0105

Re: RENEWED! Stargate Atlantis gets fifth season

New postby abacus » Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:51 pm

This is great news! My fears were unfounded.

I have to point one thing out though...

Mark Stern wrote:"'Atlantis' truly came out from under the shadow of its sister series this year and proved that it's a hit in its own right," said Mark Stern, Executive Vice President of original programming for SCI FI Channel.

Well, yes, that would tend to happen if you CANCEL the show that's throwing the shadow.
abacus

Re: RENEWED! Stargate Atlantis gets fifth season

New postby Raven Kai » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:25 pm

abacus wrote:Well, yes, that would tend to happen if you CANCEL the show that's throwing the shadow.

LOL Yup. Kind of like tearing down giant oak tree to let your tomatoes get more light.

Aaron, I'd be happy to help. PM me and we can make arrangements.
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby abacus » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:27 pm

ravenkai wrote:Awsome! I wonder if AT will still be on season 5???

Hmm... would more AT in Stargate mean less AT in Sanctuary?
abacus

New postby Aaron_0105 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:46 pm

abacus wrote:
ravenkai wrote:Awsome! I wonder if AT will still be on season 5???

Hmm... would more AT in Stargate mean less AT in Sanctuary?

Ohh did't think about that!!! Wonder what she is going to do??
Aaron_0105

New postby Dementi » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:25 pm

I doubt that AT would have to stop Sanctuary to do Atlantis or vice versa. Many actors/actress work on many projects simultaneously or between breaks.
Dementi

New postby Raven Kai » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:54 pm

Talk about getting your geek on! David Hewlett is here to help out with a personalized voice mail message! Check out this link, see if your name is on the list and if it is, you can get a personalized voice mail message for incoming callers to hear when you can't get to your phone. Maybe you will quit answering your phone just so you can impress all your geek friends with Rodney McKay answering you phone! LOL

Doctor Rodney McKay's Message Service
http://stargate.mgm.com/mckay-vms.html
Raven Kai
Administrator

Re: Doctor Rodney McKay's Message Service

New postby Cammy » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:32 pm

ravenkai wrote:Talk about getting your geek on! David Hewlett is here to help out with a personalized voice mail message! Check out this link, see if your name is on the list and if it is, you can get a personalized voice mail message for incoming callers to hear when you can't get to your phone. Maybe you will quit answering your phone just so you can impress all your geek friends with Rodney McKay answering you phone! LOL

Doctor Rodney McKay's Message Service
http://stargate.mgm.com/mckay-vms.html

Ahhhh, the story of my life. Never a Cammy on the list! :lol:
Imagine witty sig here.
Cammy

Re: Doctor Rodney McKay's Message Service

New postby Raven Kai » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:45 pm

Cammy wrote:Ahhhh, the story of my life. Never a Cammy on the list! :lol:

*comfort* Well, I downloaded mine as an MP3 so I will see if I can't come up with a sound munipulation from some episodes to put together a Cammy for ya. *wink*
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Eye of Ra » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:54 pm

lets just hope atlantis stays on for many more seasons and that she is on the show through the rest of atlantis and for many many years of sanctuary.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
Eye of Ra

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:54 pm

W00T!! mine was first in the male names!!!!! Sorry Cammy.....
That is so cool!!!! David Hewlett as my message service!
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:04 pm

LOL. Isn't it awsome!!! Now, we need to work on a Cammy one. I'm sure we can catch McKay saying 'Me' pleanty of times but what about Cam? Hmm... perhaps a 'Can' with the 'n' cropped off? Hmmm... *goes looking for SGA clips to play with*
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Cammy » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:08 pm

ravenkai wrote:LOL. Isn't it awsome!!! Now, we need to work on a Cammy one. I'm sure we can catch McKay saying 'Me' pleanty of times but what about Cam? Hmm... perhaps a 'Can' with the 'n' cropped off? Hmmm... *goes looking for SGA clips to play with*

:lol: You're a sweetie for trying to figure this one out for me, but it's okay! I'm far from alone in not being on the list!
Imagine witty sig here.
Cammy

New postby Raven Kai » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:10 pm

Cammy wrote: :lol: You're a sweetie for trying to figure this one out for me, but it's okay! I'm far from alone in not being on the list!

So what exactly do you think McKay was referring to when he mentioned we were busy trying to save the world and all that jazz if not trying to help friends create their own McKay greetings?!!??! We could have a lot of fun with this!!!
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Dementi » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:49 pm

I just downloaded this the other night, found it thru a link from a facebook grp that I am in. I hadn't had a chance to pot it yet...guess I was beat. My husband and sister think that I am crazy, I chalk up to envious jealousy!

I will be on the look out for "cammy" related dialog!
Dementi

New postby Raven Kai » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am

Dementi wrote:I just downloaded this the other night, found it thru a link from a facebook grp that I am in. I hadn't had a chance to pot it yet...guess I was beat. My husband and sister think that I am crazy, I chalk up to envious jealousy!

I will be on the look out for "cammy" related dialog!

Awsome! I first saw it on Facebook too (maybe we are in the same group, something to do with 'squirels' :wink: ) Anyway, yes, it's envious jealousy! I think people only make fun of geeks because they secretly wish to become one themselves. That's where I come in. :D

Mwahahahaha!
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby sg1fanatic » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:51 pm

I read somewhere that Amanda's contract doesn't cover another season, but maybe she would still do another year. I also wonder if Paul McGillion will be in Season 5 after appearing in the two episodes of season 4. Has anyone heard?
Howdy Campers
sg1fanatic

New postby Dementi » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:09 pm

As of now, everyone is buzzing. The best source of info I get is from Joseph Mallozzi blog.

Thoughts and Tirades, Rants and Ruminations
Dementi

New postby Eye of Ra » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:50 pm

that was great. Now if only I had a cell phone. lol. ps. the emergency might be from rodney being attacked by sitrus. lol.
Eye of Ra

New postby Raven Kai » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:14 pm

Yeah. I can see it now... Atlantis' ZPM has been completely drained. The life support is failing and the only way Rodney can save station and it's crew is to build a crude battery with the only resources available to him: A bushel of fresh lemons that just arrived at the mess hall!!! He carefulyy connects all the lemons to their respective elements, finally getting enough 'juice' to the life support when suddenly a stray drop splatters into his eye!
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:05 pm

LOL!! that would be hilarious!! can you imagine the fuss he would kick up about getting a drop of lemon in his eye???? "oh no! I'm going to die!!..... Again..."
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:12 pm

Aaron_0105 wrote:LOL!! that would be hilarious!! can you imagine the fuss he would kick up about getting a drop of lemon in his eye???? "oh no! I'm going to die!!..... Again..."

LOL yeah, When he starts going on, I start seeing the Aliens from Kids In The Hall's "Braincandy" movie, ...."We have large craniums and super intelligence" Im just waiting for the day that Shepard does the 'quish your head' motion with his fingers when Rodney has his back turned!!!
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Dementi » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:26 pm

I can totally see the scene in my head, that would be so frikkin funny! I would be there to personally help calm him down.

/evil grin begins

Get David Hewlett on your phone's voicemail! - go to stargate.mgm.com/mckay-vms.html. Select your name from the list and record it to your phone!

"An Official Team Stargate Member"
Dementi

For those AT Fans out there...

New postby Dementi » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:24 pm

Seeing that we have AT and SGA fans out there I thought that I would let you know that Amanda Tapping gives us a sneak peek of the upcoming episode, "Missing," at http://stargate.mgm.com/video.php?id=78.

Dementi

Stargate Atlantis

New postby Dementi » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:26 pm

Slight Spoilers for Tabula Rasa...

STARGATE: ATLANTIS (Season 4) Even with amnesia, McKay saves the day in "Tabula Rasa!" Next up: "Missing" with guest star Danny Trejo, the man from "Desperado," "From Dusk Til Dawn," and "Grindhouse!" Will he help out Teyla and Dr. Keller, or will he play the bad guy he's known for? Friday, November 2 at 10/9C on SCI FI - Watch it LIVE! - Let others know all fans are watching LIVE every Friday. Let Danny Trejo fans know about this one by visiting his fan communities, it's going to be awesome!

Loved those three movies, next episode should be great.

Dementi

New postby Raven Kai » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:00 pm

Hey, beating me to mission posts on my own forum! LOL You go girl

>>>>Also an official Team Stargate Member<<<<<<
Raven Kai
Administrator

Next

Return to TV and Web Series