Galaxy Raiders

Here's the place to discuss science fiction and fantasy TV and Web series, plus their characters, actors, and crew.

Galaxy Raiders

New postby kingfelic » Sat May 31, 2008 6:45 pm

Hello one and all!

I come here today to let you all know that I have been developing my own webseries, and thought that this would be the best place to officially bring you its attention.

Development has been in the works for quite a few months now. The series is entitled Galaxy Raiders, which follows the story of two very unlikely heroes who have been sent across the galaxy in search of a new power source for Earth. Though danger tends to follow them every corner and shadow, which is no wonder why they're the only ones.

The first of the two unlikely heroes is Captain Logan Rider. He is the heroic of the heroic, the bravest of the bravest and the most cunning of all....or is he? When it comes to fire arms and away missions he'll charge head first into an adventure, but when it comes to anything technical only the chirping of crickets play through his head.

Then There is the second character is Eirian who ironically serves as many crew roles do to acts that the clumsy Captain has caused to the crew, so she has been appointed the science officer and medic, and anything else technical that needs to be done. She is quite the opposite loving the great indoors and playing with computers. Though if she were given a gun you would want to duck in cover even if you were standing behind her.

Eirian tends to have the worst luck on away missions, because no matter what they find or come across some how Logan screws up and she has become the victim.

Galaxy Raiders is basically a spoof of all kinds of sci-fi shows (and films) that people love. The two main characters have been molded around characters of their gender in the sci-fi world to create new ones all together. There is even a main third character known as the "Computer" which has been molded from all kinds of computers, and trust me, it's not your typical Computer.

Galaxy Raiders starts filming this week and will hit the internet later this summer.

If anyone is interested further, please feel free to speak and ask any question you may have.

Felicia K.
Geek: slang term, noting individuals as "a peculiar or otherwise odd person, especially one who is perceived to be overly obsessed with one or more things including those of intellectuality, electronics, etc." Formerly, the term referred to a carnival performer often billed as a wild man whose act usually includes biting the head off a live chicken, bat, snake or bugs. The 1976 edition of the American Heritage Dictionary included only the definition regarding geek shows.
kingfelic

New postby fidelis » Sat May 31, 2008 7:35 pm

Don;t have any questions, i just wanted to say this sounds Awsome felicia, and i can;t wait to check it out.
How do you shoot the devil in the back? What if you miss?

Avatar image courtsey of Henning Ludvigsen - www.henningludvigsen.com
fidelis

New postby Victoria Winters » Sat May 31, 2008 7:43 pm

Very fun Kingfelic.
Any view of things that is not strange, is false.
Victoria Winters

New postby Raven Kai » Sat May 31, 2008 11:08 pm

I am SOOOO glad the cat is out of the bag!!!

Can't wait to see the final copy of the teaser trailer with FX included. It's gonna be so cool.
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Pegasus Angel » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:16 am

OMG this sounds fantastic, can't wait!!!! :D
Pegasus Angel

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:35 am

Pegasus Angel wrote:OMG this sounds fantastic, can't wait!!!! :D

2nd that motion for sure!
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby kingfelic » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:12 am

Hehe, I'm glad you're all so eager it makes me happy! Oh as a few of you already know like Raven and PA there is a rough teaser trailer on facebook... We made a fan club/group on there, hehe, lol.

though through my research I might have to change the title just slightly so that no mix ups or suing occurs :cry:
Geek: slang term, noting individuals as "a peculiar or otherwise odd person, especially one who is perceived to be overly obsessed with one or more things including those of intellectuality, electronics, etc." Formerly, the term referred to a carnival performer often billed as a wild man whose act usually includes biting the head off a live chicken, bat, snake or bugs. The 1976 edition of the American Heritage Dictionary included only the definition regarding geek shows.
kingfelic

New postby fidelis » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:23 pm

Alas, i am not on face book is there anywhere else i can see the teaser?
How do you shoot the devil in the back? What if you miss?

Avatar image courtsey of Henning Ludvigsen - www.henningludvigsen.com
fidelis

New postby kingfelic » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:41 pm

For now there sadly isn't anywhere else :( We're still working a lot of things out right now, so it might be a long while before we have a website up to show trailers... but once i have the backgrounds in and effects then i'll put it on my youtube account.
kingfelic

New postby Victoria Winters » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:48 pm

Very cool Kingfelic. I don't have facebook either, but I do have a youtube account. :D
Victoria Winters

New postby Telkesh » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:09 pm

I've got facebook, but I'm pretty dumb with it. so without a direct link I'd get lost too easily.

On a side note I skimmed over your post a little, not really reading it because of the title GR. you've caught my attention now. I'm interested.
:-:Smile - It may seem dark now, but a new dawn will come. Dawn always comes:-:
Telkesh

New postby kingfelic » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:12 pm

ah ok. Well anyone with a facebook account, here is the link:
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php ... 9408357428

Hopefully by next week i can get the good ones up on both facebook and Youtube.
kingfelic

New postby Telkesh » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:04 pm

My gods! You guys are crazy!
Is it meant to be a comedy? Because I was laughing my ass off during the trailer. The guy playing Logan looks cool, I think it will be pretty solid once you're all done editing and everything.
It's really great. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.
Telkesh

New postby kingfelic » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:07 pm

don't worry it's suppose to be a comedy. And i'm very glad to hear that you like it. Right now i'm currently writing episode 2 and 3, which are webisodes 4-9.so woo!
kingfelic

Captain logan Rider

New postby loganmatrix2008 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:14 pm

Hey everyone this is Christopher Trim.

I am the co-creator of galaxy raiders along with Felicia.

also i play the role of the Captain. this is going to be one wild ride for sure.

thx Telkesh for the comment. i think i look cool also, lol

but in all seriousness, thx everyone !
loganmatrix2008

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:34 pm

LO LOUD!!!! This is going to be great! Hurry up then!
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

Re: Captain logan Rider

New postby Telkesh » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:52 pm

loganmatrix2008 wrote:also i play the role of the Captain. this is going to be one wild ride for sure.

Oh-Em-Gee! It's Captain Logan! Can i has an autograph? lol.
But in seriousnessess It does look like an interesting show. I really look forward to watching it.
I don't suppose as USGS we'd get a sneak peek?
Telkesh

Re: Captain logan Rider

New postby Aaron_0105 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:55 am

Telkesh wrote:
loganmatrix2008 wrote:also i play the role of the Captain. this is going to be one wild ride for sure.

Oh-Em-Gee! It's Captain Logan! Can i has an autograph? lol.
But in seriousnessess It does look like an interesting show. I really look forward to watching it.
I don't suppose as USGS we'd get a sneak peek?

Oooh yeah a sneek peak for your biggest supporters?

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Dementi » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:46 pm

Felicia, I am so excited for you and your upcoming adventure. I am off to check out the facebook link.
I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream.
Dementi

And so it begins !

New postby loganmatrix2008 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:17 pm

Hey everyone.

well the time has come, Galaxy Raiders will officially start shooting this weekend !!

I'm sure that as the episodes are filmed we will also shoot a few none episode takes, especially for all to see as a fun extra. (Hopefully my character doesn't get shot again, lol)

Later
Trust me, its not the years its the mileage...
loganmatrix2008

New postby Aaron_0105 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:35 am

lol

now that would be funny. again...

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Pegasus Angel » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:41 am

Good luck with the filming :)
Pegasus Angel

First Episode

New postby kingfelic » Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:59 am

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=oc0rWij7pg4

Here is Episode 1 - act 1.

*NOTE* it is purposely shot really dark as part of the joke. Enjoy.
kingfelic

New postby Telkesh » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:01 pm

That was so awesome!

At first the dark killed it a little for me, and quite honestly it took me a minute or two to get sucked in. But the ending was really well done. Nice little Stargate reference there, and the poking with a stick bit is classic :D
looking forward to eventually seeing more.
Telkesh

New postby kingfelic » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:09 pm

thanks!

Yeah the darkness made me worry when we did it.. I tried to lighten it as much as possible. But in a couple weeks it will be re-released with a opening teaser before the opening and hopefully be a bit lighter.

But I'm glad people are liking it. I was afraid this one wasn't going to be that good. Again thanks!
kingfelic

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:30 pm

I loved it.. I loled when Chris poked you with the stick and said "Yeah you're ok.."

Fantastic work.

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Telkesh » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:32 pm

Aaron_0105 wrote:I loved it.. I loled when Chris poked you with the stick and said "Yeah you're ok.."

That was my favourite part.

Captain Logan is my hero.
Telkesh

New postby Victoria Winters » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:47 pm

Very fun Kingfelic. Thanks for the youtube link. :) You sound just like I imagined you would.
Victoria Winters

New postby kingfelic » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:41 pm

Whoa, you knew how i was going to sound... weird! but cool!

heheh, glad to hear you're thoughts!
kingfelic

New postby Raven Kai » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:34 pm

Funny, you sounded just like I remembered. :D

You guys did a great job. *cheers wildly* Can't wait for wep 2! Oh... Is the teaser going to be a certain someone walking onto the bridge and witnessing a certain incident??? :P

Did you backmask the music for the opening scene or use a music generator or what?

It seems you added a few jokes (or I didn't remember them or they were just funnier on screen then paper)...

Loved the Burt and Earnie joke. *does the Burt laugh* And the Stargate references. The background music reminded me of some of the early Farscape eps. The sticky pokey thingy was great. Love the way he said it. Can't wait to see what dark evil is worse then man.

Mwahahahaha!
Raven Kai
Administrator

Next

Return to TV and Web Series