Crystal Skull special on Sci Fi Channel

Here's the place to discuss science fiction and fantasy TV and Web series, plus their characters, actors, and crew.

Crystal Skull special on Sci Fi Channel

New postby Victoria Winters » Mon May 19, 2008 8:27 pm

HaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!
Lots of theories with nothing, that's NOTHING to support them. I was discussing this 2 hour waste of precious time that one could spend picking their toenails with Captain Nemo and we had a very good laugh over it. If you haven't seen it, don't bother. If you have, I'm sorry.
Captain Nemo actually owns one of the miniature skulls (one of 3,000) that was taken out of the cave that the original large crystal skull was taken out of and has yet to experience visits from Atlantian sooth sayers nor Mayan priests, but hopes they'll come round soon.
Any view of things that is not strange, is false.
Victoria Winters

New postby Victoria Winters » Mon May 19, 2008 8:50 pm

If anyone watched this and actually enjoyed it, I'm sorry. I don't usually bash things but wow! I couldn't believe that someone paid to have this made. I could make up a story about the skulls being the remnants of Zeus' dandruff and have stronger supporting information.
Victoria Winters

New postby Raven Kai » Mon May 19, 2008 9:06 pm

Very cool, but I think it needs to be placed on it's pedistal for it to work. ;)
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Dementi » Mon May 19, 2008 9:06 pm

LOL
I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream.
Dementi

New postby Captain Nemo » Mon May 19, 2008 9:55 pm

Ahoy my wayward matees. Wow!! I did see this impressively sad piece of Science Fiction Channel Docu-drama & ( by the way, That's what the Sci-Fi channel was called when I first saw it as a wee laddy) & in the name of Davy jones' tamborines! I could have Zippy the Chimp put out a better piece of work.
The Sci-Fi Channel is one of my favourite channels. Period . What I would like to know is why didn't they at least try to get some workable info. There are reems of it out there. History is not only a hobby, it is a passion for me. I want to teach at New College in Cambridge, England one day & I will say the ONLY viable information they presented was:
1. The skulls they showed were made of crystal.
2. The clear one was found in Belize.
3. The big skull is named "Max". (I named mine "Larry".)
4. The Mayan calender ends on Dec. 21, 2012.
Last but not least, 5. They don't know where the other crystal skulls are at. That is the whole kittin' cabutal.
Shipmates, I know I slammed this, but I know that if the new Indiana Jones movie wasn't coming out real soon, they would have done a better, much better job on this & it would have been grand. And so my tale of woe is done for now. Who wants to have drinkys & play spin the rum bottle? Keep your powder dry.
Neanderthal Man was pimp !!!!!!
Captain Nemo

New postby Aaron_0105 » Tue May 20, 2008 7:49 am

Wow! must of been really bad if you guys are posting that here... Wish i could the sci fi channel
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby MainframeHooligan » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:06 pm

ravenkai wrote:Very cool, but I think it needs to be placed on it's pedistal for it to work. ;)

No, no, nooo. The key is the velvet pillow. Crystalline objects with purported occult powers never work unless ensconced on their velvet pillows! (Custom made, black velvet pillows providing the best functionality, of course.)

;)

I seem to recall someone offering the opinion, some years ago, that the vast majority of more-or-less life-size skulls that have turned up to date are likely Victorian, and probably represented a selection of extremely high end crystal balls for society fortune tellers. (Ever so much more impressive than a mere sphere!) ;)

I want to acquire some of the inch-or-so crystal skulls, drilled for use as beads, that they make nowadays, for use in making a shaman’s necklace. I intend to refer to them as Manny, Moe, and Jack, if anyone is ever works up the nerve to ask! :lol:
MainframeHooligan

New postby Victoria Winters » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:13 pm

hmmm...I have a red velvet pillow, but I never thought about putting a crystal skull on it. Just my own. :) Since I made it, I guess that makes it 'custom'.
Victoria Winters

New postby Pegasus Angel » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:43 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7414637.stm

Apparently they are fake, well at least not as old as they were thought to be...
Pegasus Angel

New postby Raven Kai » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:31 pm

Hmmm. Well... Maybe not all of them?
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby shannalee » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:31 am

I was going to watch it but thought that it will be on again. I guess I didn't miss much. :wink:
Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons...
shannalee

New postby Pegasus Angel » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:26 pm

ravenkai wrote:Hmmm. Well... Maybe not all of them?

Oh I agree with you, don't get me wrong... :D
Pegasus Angel

New postby MainframeHooligan » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:15 pm

Victoria Winters wrote:hmmm...I have a red velvet pillow, but I never thought about putting a crystal skull on it. Just my own. :) Since I made it, I guess that makes it 'custom'.

Your skull is an occult object? :shock: /is intrigued

Honestly, just teasing.

For me, there's just something hilarious in the incongruity of what's-his-name, Anna Mitchell-Hedges's relic, carrying the skull around in a prosaic box (not even a flight rated aluminum case or a - oh, who's the case manufacturer that says their cases are warranted against everything except acts of god and/or children under the age of 5?), and putting said priceless occult object on the black velvet pillow - on the coffee table! Not exactly the place of honor in my house, and generally held to be the place to display otherwise-useless status symbols and statements-by-object, a la coffee table books, careful arrangements of river-stones with or without kanji, small expensive sculptures... It made me wonder what Dr. Freud would have said - not to mention that it made me wonder if he uses the skull for a paperweight when he's home alone!

And then that whole go back to the site looking for another skull sequence... oohboy. I firmly believe that that skull intended Anna Mitchell-Hedges to find it and/or have it, but I deeply doubt that two of the skulls of the prophecy will ever be found at the same place. The universe is so much more creative - or cantankerous :D - than that.

But, that's just me being my usually cynical self. :roll:

In my (admittedly limited :)) experience, objects that have been used as a focus, worshipped, conditioned, whatever one wants to call it, to the point of developing a feeling of... presence, sentience, kami... generally come and go through human history according to some plan in which those humans are only incidentally involved. Those objects have their own destiny and they fulfill it.

And sometimes it's amusing to watch the humans trying to get involved in that destiny, or cash in on it - like the Sci Fi Channel. And sometimes it's really exasperating - like the Sci Fi Channel...
MainframeHooligan

New postby Victoria Winters » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:45 am

Wow! MainframeHooligan, perhaps my skull is an occult object. :lol:
My skull does a lot more than Captain Nemo's stone skull (Larry), his just sits around and watches him play Ace Combat 4 and other slightly dated PS2 games. :)
Victoria Winters

Return to TV and Web Series