Stargate: Continuum (Spoilers)

Here's the place to discuss science fiction and fantasy TV and Web series, plus their characters, actors, and crew.

New postby Telkesh » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:46 pm

Boom! Spoiler tag!

Omg. Ba'al's death. Omg.
:-:Smile - It may seem dark now, but a new dawn will come. Dawn always comes:-:
Telkesh

New postby Telkesh » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:00 pm

Ok. I can sum up my views in a few spoiler filled thoughts.

first of all. They failed miserably. An Alternate timeline/Alternate reality story without a Kawalsky in it? Bad move. Everyone expects to seem him. I did.

Secondly, this quote:

Ba'al: Camulas has kindly offered one half of his domain, Australia, to the free Jaffa nation.

a) Doctor Horrible promised Australia to Penny. Not Camulas.
b) I hope Teal'c would of gotten the East coast and
c) Boo! Sg1! We'd of had the free Jaffa as our masters! We were going to get the best deal of any nation there!

It was really, really great. Honestly much better then the Ark (which is till loved). I'm hoping they got the green light for movie's #3-#100

Edit: Hate to tell SG:1 their business, but i would of atleast tried to mention the TimeJumper. It would still be hidden on Maybourne's planet, since Ba'al never knew about it. Surely they could of persuaded Jack to fly it.

Oh! and a few guest stars that would of been GREAT to see:
Kawalsky - Alternate timeline. Must have Kawalsky. It's the law.
McKay - Smartest person on Earth after Carter.
Sheppard - He was in McMurdo before moving to Atlantis. Storyline wise it would of fit to have him there. Heck, persuade him to fly the TimeJumper for them, not that it would of mattered in the end.
Telkesh

New postby shannalee » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:56 pm

Raven Kai wrote:Is the Spoiler tag big enough now? :)

As for the captain, I turned to the trollop and was like, OMG Is that Ben!?

You know I figured it out in the beginning when he was face down looking at the map when his first mate came in. I was like, "No way, is that..." and then they showed his face. I was like OMG as well. You know after watching him in Farscape and in SG1 you start to notice from behind...okay not that behind :bootyshake:.

I have to say that if they put out a movie every so often I will be happy...and yes like Telkesh stated they have to bring back Kawalsky...it is the law after all in alternate realities.
Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons...
shannalee

New postby Raven Kai » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:40 pm

Funny you mention Kawalksi because I just watched Independance Day a few days ago and low and behold, he's the guy at the gate when they arrive at Area 51. LOL. I shouted 'Kawalski!'
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby shannalee » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:34 pm

You are right he is that guy. How funny is that... :lol:
Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons...
shannalee

New postby Telkesh » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:33 pm

See? he's everywehere.

so, I made an elaborate imagining as to why Kowalski wasn't there, as well as why Charlie was still alive (that threw me off). I'll post my wild spec after a bit.
Telkesh

New postby Aaron_0105 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:46 pm

Telkesh wrote:See? he's everywehere.

so, I made an elaborate imagining as to why Kowalski wasn't there, as well as why Charlie was still alive (that threw me off). I'll post my wild spec after a bit.

That threw me too... sooo wasn't expecting that.... So that would mean Jack is still married to Sara...

Bring on #3!
and Stargate: Universe!
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:10 am

*wipes a tear* as much as it sucks for Sam to think about it, it's gotta feel good too to know he's a faithful and loving husband and if they can ever get together in her universe, it should be until death does them part. Too bad death seems to do that a few times a year with them, eh? :P
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:23 pm

LOL.. i was thinking that before i even finished reading what you wrote... That is so true too....

I wonder how Ba'al's host felt afterwards.. after he found out he was about 2000 years old...
And how Cam felt after he stopped Ba'al back in 1939... he had to spend the rest of his life living very quietly..... not getting rich and what not.... Bet it must of killed him not being able to bet on who won the world series....
If any of you haven't read the SG1 Book Roswell. Read it... Its a timeline story as well and just as good...... Really good.
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Telkesh » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:01 pm

Aaron_0105 wrote: If any of you haven't read the SG1 Book Roswell. Read it... Its a timeline story as well and just as good...... Really good.

Really? I got to the point with HP and a fire, then my Dresden files books came and I tossed it aside. It's worth picking up again?
Telkesh

New postby MainframeHooligan » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:01 pm

Aaron_0105 wrote:
MainframeHooligan wrote:I just watched Continuum, and I’m sorry to say – I am disappointed. Quite disappointed.

Do we spoiler here?

Oh, well – I'll post my opinion as a link since there don't seem to be spoiler tags.

Click not onward if thou doth not wish to encounter plot spoilers for Continuum.

Ok peoples if you don't want to know don't look any further, i don't have the luxury of what Mainsframe has, a link to another site to post my thoughts.....

Lol! Instructions to obtain a free blog available on request.

Aaron_0105 wrote:I think it rocked.... To me it was just like watching "Lost City"... A double episode of SG1 but with CGI a million times better... and Jack... Well.... lets just say despite his "brief" appearance, (after all it says in the opening credits "with special guest appearance by RDA..." what more were you expecting?)

A lot more energy. Better dialogue - much, much better dialogue - something that would make a best of Stargate quotes. An intense and meaningful appearance that contributed more than an instant of instantaneously forgotten angst and the obviously obligatory 'OMG, he doesn't know us! What's going on!' moment to the plot. (I mean, what does it say about the plotting when *Jack* is killed in front of SG-1 and it means nothing to the rest of the evolution of the plot? That is just... wrong, in any SG-1 plot, imo.) I thought that any character from Stargate eps past could have played those lines in those scenes. They didn’t have to be Jack. I wanted scenes that only Jack could play, no matter how brief.

Aaron_0105 wrote:he still does what he does best in SG1.. playing Jack...

Au contraire, mon ami. I didn’t think he was doing his best. See, I though Continuum showed Jack light - or half the amusement, half the cranky, half the maverick, half the not-so-well-behaved-underling, half the I cannot stand mysteries that might come back and bite me and mine in the mikta, half the intensity Jack. It didn't come across as convincingly Jack-like to me. It was like we had alternate universe Jack in our own universe to start, and strangely less aggravated – and aggravating – Jack in the alternate timeline. Not an A-game job of Jacking in either universe, in my opinion. C in ours. B – in theirs. Maybe.

Aaron_0105 wrote:And Carter does start to shed a tear for him until Cam Pulls her head in to deal with the now and grieve about the past later... ( refer to link in previous post).

And there's all the rest of that movie where she never thinks about the Jack from her own timeline who died, ever again. Standard issue Stargate forgets its own faster than one can transit a wormhole – which always disappoints me because it’s such an obvious error in the conceptualization of the characters, given the rest of their behavior and the bonds they supposedly share, and it’s so easily fixed. Of course, we didn't really get to see Sam do any thinking about the whole of the situation, even just her own situation, either - that visiting the grocery store scene was lame and useless, imo. Better if she'd gotten to talk to a little kid who wanted to be an astronaut and was too small to understand that the astronaut the kid thought she was talking to wasn't this woman, at best, and was dead, for real. What would Sam have said to such a starry-eyed child, knowing what had become of her doppleganger and what would likely become of the world when the Goa'uld inevitably arrived? I'd have liked to see something like that. Sam buying sugary cereal? Hand me the pitcher, and I'll go and refill the bird bath. It's boring, but not as boring as watching people watching a character shopping for breakfast food. Certainly, semi-flirting over a Mustang and angst in bookstores and over the phone out-rated breakfast shopping, by far. Equal angst-time for Carter, I say! :D

Aaron_0105 wrote: But didn't Claudia look a tinsy bit over weight to you? Still hot! Don't get me wrong....

Actually, I was wondering why they didn't run up a more... Goa'uldish... wardrobe for her. Her dress and Ba'al's... "I took the sleeves off my eighteenth century military inspired leatheresque knockoff jacket so you'd all know I'm such a bad boy" vest… just weren't up to the previous (prior to season eight) standards of the Goa'uld. Then I remembered Claudia was preggers. Then I wondered why she didn't at least get some over-the-top jewelry to make up for having just that blah-colored dress to wear as Ba'al's consort. Then I wondered why Ba'al got just that aforementioned rather cheesie/paltry vest to wear as The Supreme Snake Of The Entire Galaxy - I gather Cliff wasn't preggers. Hmm. Never did figure out either of those.

Aaron_0105 wrote: To me this is a pretty good timeline story and one i will most certainly watch over and over again......

Can’t agree there. I already loaned out the DVD, and if I were never to see it again, I wouldn't care a bit. I’ll happily sell the thing when I get it back, if anyone wants it. I loaned it to my boss and fellow former Stargate fan, and I know he will give it back. $10 American, still have the original cardboard slipcase that goes over the DVD case, and I’ll mail it 2nd day, and well packed, anywhere in the US for that price, too.

There were too many lacuna and issues with the plot - did they do any research into ships in the arctic at all? Did that farm that Cam had to visit figure somewhere in season 10 that they felt no need to explain it at all to the movie viewers? If Grandfather / great-grandfather /whatever what's his name died in the 30's, and the farmer only had the place thirty years, why the heck does he have a picture of didn't-live-to-produce-Cam's-next-lineal-ancestor gramps-guy on the mantle? He can't be Cam's direct lineal ancestor, so is he supposed to be his... great uncle or something, somehow? And how am I the viewer supposed to know that? Why would I ever imagine that Daniel and Sam, geniuses and science twins, wouldn't find a way to easily circumvent the 'no communicaton' rule and not get caught, much less that they would behave themselves and not even try? Heck, I can’t even believe that the US government would let someone as versed in Asguard tech as Sam, the Asguard who were the scourge of these scary Goa’uld folks, loose anyway. They’d have her off to Area 51 to develop way cool alien based superweapons for them in a trice, I’d think. Were Jake Carter and George Hammond not buds in this timeline that Hammond had not even the smallest pang of ‘you’re so like her’ over Sam? What about Mark Carter? What about Catharine Langford for that matter – when the Russians did their research into the ship in which they found the Gate (and they surely would) didn’t they find out who shipped the thing, and then the history of the thing, where it was found, etc., and get out that DHD that was found in Giza before then? Russian Stargate program with fully functional DHD… that could have had possibilities... Heck, even a discussion of sneaking through the Stargate to that planet where Maybourne was that had a time machine, and going back in time with it (surely, as former head of Area 51 Sam was given the Ancient gene, and there could have been a try-to-kidnap-this-Jack scene, to boot) would have been a welcome addition to the plot, and that real trip through the Gate would have been very welcome. Indeed, where did the teeny DHD stand-in device that powers-the-Stargate-and-dials-it-too come from? That had to be developed in our timeline, since Ba’al used it to leave the Achilles afterward, but it was clearly a plot device, as no one thought about the ramifications of its existence, ever.

The whole production looked too cheap and perfunctory to me - I'm not impressed by CGI alone in that department, and the Tok'ra, Goa'uld, military, bunker, time machine and Russian sets were disappointing to me, visually, with a sort of having been assembled on the cheap aura to them. Plus, the F-15 CGI actually looked like CGI to me, which puts me off when it’s obvious that I’m supposed to think it’s real, and I kept wondering why they didn’t break out something at least more modern in the fighter stable for them to fly around in, too. Raptors, say, since they were going to totally avoid the issue of how Sam and Cam got to be qualified in F-15’s. Or, better yet, shuffle and bluster and admit to Aurora, or that all the SR-71’s weren’t retired, at least. Surely Cam could have enthused over getting to be Habu in a Blackbird? If you’re going to take dramatic license for the extensive training it takes to qualify to fly any specific plane, why not go for something cooler than the Eagle? Again, it smacks of a lack of research and/or imagination, imo.

The characterizations seemed superficial, too, and subsumed to the plot. Cam = hero who saves the day. Daniel = angst ridden sidekick in charge of pathos. Sam = there. Ba’al = supervillain who menaces reality itself. Setesh = danger to villain who gives him his commuppance. Assorted System Lords = required plot devices. Landry = I think I’m cool in any universe. Teal’c = stoic would be hero who discovers his true loyalty. Jack = replaceable character that’s appeared on Stargate before. Hammond = replaceable character that’s appeared on Stargate before. Nothin’ there satisfied the big fan of seasons 1 – 6 that I am.

I am vastly underwhelmed with Continuum.
- The pen is mightier than the sword, but the full-auto pen, with the 100 ink cartridge clip, is even mightier than that.
Ninja Code Monkey of the Apocalypse :wink:
MainframeHooligan

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:51 am

Telkesh wrote:
Aaron_0105 wrote: If any of you haven't read the SG1 Book Roswell. Read it... Its a timeline story as well and just as good...... Really good.

Really? I got to the point with HP and a fire, then my Dresden files books came and I tossed it aside. It's worth picking up again?

YES!!!!!!!

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:53 am

MainframeHooligan wrote:
Aaron_0105 wrote:I think it rocked.... To me it was just like watching "Lost City"... A double episode of SG1 but with CGI a million times better... and Jack... Well.... lets just say despite his "brief" appearance, (after all it says in the opening credits "with special guest appearance by RDA..." what more were you expecting?)

A lot more energy. Better dialogue - much, much better dialogue - something that would make a best of Stargate quotes. An intense and meaningful appearance that contributed more than an instant of instantaneously forgotten angst and the obviously obligatory 'OMG, he doesn't know us! What's going on!' moment to the plot. (I mean, what does it say about the plotting when *Jack* is killed in front of SG-1 and it means nothing to the rest of the evolution of the plot? That is just... wrong, in any SG-1 plot, imo.) I thought that any character from Stargate eps past could have played those lines in those scenes. They didn’t have to be Jack. I wanted scenes that only Jack could play, no matter how brief.

Aaron_0105 wrote:he still does what he does best in SG1.. playing Jack...

Au contraire, mon ami. I didn’t think he was doing his best. See, I though Continuum showed Jack light - or half the amusement, half the cranky, half the maverick, half the not-so-well-behaved-underling, half the I cannot stand mysteries that might come back and bite me and mine in the mikta, half the intensity Jack. It didn't come across as convincingly Jack-like to me. It was like we had alternate universe Jack in our own universe to start, and strangely less aggravated – and aggravating – Jack in the alternate timeline. Not an A-game job of Jacking in either universe, in my opinion. C in ours. B – in theirs. Maybe.

Aaron_0105 wrote:And Carter does start to shed a tear for him until Cam Pulls her head in to deal with the now and grieve about the past later... ( refer to link in previous post).

And there's all the rest of that movie where she never thinks about the Jack from her own timeline who died, ever again. Standard issue Stargate forgets its own faster than one can transit a wormhole – which always disappoints me because it’s such an obvious error in the conceptualization of the characters, given the rest of their behavior and the bonds they supposedly share, and it’s so easily fixed. Of course, we didn't really get to see Sam do any thinking about the whole of the situation, even just her own situation, either - that visiting the grocery store scene was lame and useless, imo. Better if she'd gotten to talk to a little kid who wanted to be an astronaut and was too small to understand that the astronaut the kid thought she was talking to wasn't this woman, at best, and was dead, for real. What would Sam have said to such a starry-eyed child, knowing what had become of her doppleganger and what would likely become of the world when the Goa'uld inevitably arrived? I'd have liked to see something like that. Sam buying sugary cereal? Hand me the pitcher, and I'll go and refill the bird bath. It's boring, but not as boring as watching people watching a character shopping for breakfast food. Certainly, semi-flirting over a Mustang and angst in bookstores and over the phone out-rated breakfast shopping, by far. Equal angst-time for Carter, I say! :D

Aaron_0105 wrote: But didn't Claudia look a tinsy bit over weight to you? Still hot! Don't get me wrong....

Actually, I was wondering why they didn't run up a more... Goa'uldish... wardrobe for her. Her dress and Ba'al's... "I took the sleeves off my eighteenth century military inspired leatheresque knockoff jacket so you'd all know I'm such a bad boy" vest… just weren't up to the previous (prior to season eight) standards of the Goa'uld. Then I remembered Claudia was preggers. Then I wondered why she didn't at least get some over-the-top jewelry to make up for having just that blah-colored dress to wear as Ba'al's consort. Then I wondered why Ba'al got just that aforementioned rather cheesie/paltry vest to wear as The Supreme Snake Of The Entire Galaxy - I gather Cliff wasn't preggers. Hmm. Never did figure out either of those.

Aaron_0105 wrote: To me this is a pretty good timeline story and one i will most certainly watch over and over again......

Can’t agree there. I already loaned out the DVD, and if I were never to see it again, I wouldn't care a bit. I’ll happily sell the thing when I get it back, if anyone wants it. I loaned it to my boss and fellow former Stargate fan, and I know he will give it back. $10 American, still have the original cardboard slipcase that goes over the DVD case, and I’ll mail it 2nd day, and well packed, anywhere in the US for that price, too.

There were too many lacuna and issues with the plot - did they do any research into ships in the arctic at all? Did that farm that Cam had to visit figure somewhere in season 10 that they felt no need to explain it at all to the movie viewers? If Grandfather / great-grandfather /whatever what's his name died in the 30's, and the farmer only had the place thirty years, why the heck does he have a picture of didn't-live-to-produce-Cam's-next-lineal-ancestor gramps-guy on the mantle? He can't be Cam's direct lineal ancestor, so is he supposed to be his... great uncle or something, somehow? And how am I the viewer supposed to know that? Why would I ever imagine that Daniel and Sam, geniuses and science twins, wouldn't find a way to easily circumvent the 'no communicaton' rule and not get caught, much less that they would behave themselves and not even try? Heck, I can’t even believe that the US government would let someone as versed in Asguard tech as Sam, the Asguard who were the scourge of these scary Goa’uld folks, loose anyway. They’d have her off to Area 51 to develop way cool alien based superweapons for them in a trice, I’d think. Were Jake Carter and George Hammond not buds in this timeline that Hammond had not even the smallest pang of ‘you’re so like her’ over Sam? What about Mark Carter? What about Catharine Langford for that matter – when the Russians did their research into the ship in which they found the Gate (and they surely would) didn’t they find out who shipped the thing, and then the history of the thing, where it was found, etc., and get out that DHD that was found in Giza before then? Russian Stargate program with fully functional DHD… that could have had possibilities... Heck, even a discussion of sneaking through the Stargate to that planet where Maybourne was that had a time machine, and going back in time with it (surely, as former head of Area 51 Sam was given the Ancient gene, and there could have been a try-to-kidnap-this-Jack scene, to boot) would have been a welcome addition to the plot, and that real trip through the Gate would have been very welcome. Indeed, where did the teeny DHD stand-in device that powers-the-Stargate-and-dials-it-too come from? That had to be developed in our timeline, since Ba’al used it to leave the Achilles afterward, but it was clearly a plot device, as no one thought about the ramifications of its existence, ever.

The whole production looked too cheap and perfunctory to me - I'm not impressed by CGI alone in that department, and the Tok'ra, Goa'uld, military, bunker, time machine and Russian sets were disappointing to me, visually, with a sort of having been assembled on the cheap aura to them. Plus, the F-15 CGI actually looked like CGI to me, which puts me off when it’s obvious that I’m supposed to think it’s real, and I kept wondering why they didn’t break out something at least more modern in the fighter stable for them to fly around in, too. Raptors, say, since they were going to totally avoid the issue of how Sam and Cam got to be qualified in F-15’s. Or, better yet, shuffle and bluster and admit to Aurora, or that all the SR-71’s weren’t retired, at least. Surely Cam could have enthused over getting to be Habu in a Blackbird? If you’re going to take dramatic license for the extensive training it takes to qualify to fly any specific plane, why not go for something cooler than the Eagle? Again, it smacks of a lack of research and/or imagination, imo.

The characterizations seemed superficial, too, and subsumed to the plot. Cam = hero who saves the day. Daniel = angst ridden sidekick in charge of pathos. Sam = there. Ba’al = supervillain who menaces reality itself. Setesh = danger to villain who gives him his commuppance. Assorted System Lords = required plot devices. Landry = I think I’m cool in any universe. Teal’c = stoic would be hero who discovers his true loyalty. Jack = replaceable character that’s appeared on Stargate before. Hammond = replaceable character that’s appeared on Stargate before. Nothin’ there satisfied the big fan of seasons 1 – 6 that I am.

I am vastly underwhelmed with Continuum.

Ok point taken your not happy with it, but this just smacks of over nitpicking to me....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:14 am

I think we were all spoiled by the first 6 seasons of Stargate. Well, halfway through season 1 through season 6 anyway. A lot of people just never got used to the changes over the years (especially as they happend more frequently) and I understand that. Jack hasn't quite been Jack since he retired. Daniel seems to be such a snob (ducks for cover as heavy objects fly). As for the later seasons, I was just so excited to see Ben and Claudia working again that I suspended my disbelief and hooked in it. My Continuum never arrived so I haven't had a chance to watch it in my own home and I have to admit that seeing it at the premier on the midway really had my emotions soaring. My initial LOVE hasn't worn off yet so I haven't been able to look at it critically yet. I'm not a huge fan girl of actors but looking up at the American Flag flapping in the night sky, feeling the wind on my face, tasting the salt in the air, being surrounded by the planes and helicoptors, having the actors sitting 10 feet away and being able to see THEIR reactions as the audience gasped, laughed, cheered and 'oooh'ed at the same time... I guess you can say I was mezed. :P Maybe when I finally get the dvd, it will seem different to me. I know I haven't watched Ark a second time yet, even though I sobbed when I watched it. I guess I am still mourning the loss of everyone. *sniff* Im just an old softie.
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:16 pm

Daniel a snob? yeah that sounds about right..
we can both mourn together Raven dear... i almost cried when continuum finished.. cos i knew that it was going to be the last new thing from sg1 for a long time.......

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby MainframeHooligan » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:34 pm

Aaron_0105 wrote:Ok point taken your not happy with it, but this just smacks of over nitpicking to me....

:roll: Aaron, Aaron! I thought you knew me better than that! :o That's nowhere near all the nits I picked. I have a couple more bushel baskets in the wings! :D

Think of me as watching / reading / taking in all things sci fi in the mode of Carter-In-The-Gym, complaining about the inanity of aliens whose fatal weakness is water deliberately coming to Earth, a planet that's mostly water. :D When I find that the picking of nits is the major form of entertainment offered to me by a work of entertainment, then I pick nits. :lol:

Anyway, the Stargate folks should be pleased that it held my attention long enough for me to find nits to pick - my boss, to whom I loaned it, fell asleep during Continuum and wasn't even interested enough to go back and watch what he missed. :shock:
- The pen is mightier than the sword, but the full-auto pen, with the 100 ink cartridge clip, is even mightier than that.
Ninja Code Monkey of the Apocalypse :wink:
MainframeHooligan

New postby Raven Kai » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:54 pm

Ouch. Well, at least they have lots of time to write the next movie so hopefully it will have more meat on the bones.
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:16 pm

MainframeHooligan wrote:
Aaron_0105 wrote:Ok point taken your not happy with it, but this just smacks of over nitpicking to me....

:roll: Aaron, Aaron! I thought you knew me better than that! :o That's nowhere near all the nits I picked. I have a couple more bushel baskets in the wings! :D

Uh oh....

ROFL!

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Dementi » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:50 am

I wouldn't go as far as Main to complain about all the things that I didn't like about Continuum, like AoT I found it disappointing, another episode that I had to pay for to watch.

Oh well, what is one to do. I feel that I have become completely disenfranchised with the whole Stargate Franchise, especially now with the cancellation of Atlantis and the hype that they are trying to give to SU.

At this point in time I will not give a second thought to the entire thing and yet if I suspend my disbelief (which lets face it as Sci-Fi fans we must) maybe just maybe after a cooling off period I will go back to my ever beloved Stargate.

There are always the dvd's to remind of better times.
I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream.
Dementi

New postby Raven Kai » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:32 am

It's hard to know when to leave a well-beloved series. Stargate was my number one, replacing all others.... now... I don't know how to feel. In some ways, Im glad Farscape didn't get renewed because what was made was amazing without a chance to ruin it and PKW was all of what-was-to-be-Season 5 cut up to 4 hours so it felt RIGHT if rushed.

With Stargate - something is different.

I feel like an old lady talking about the 'good old days' lol
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Dementi » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:03 pm

I know exactly how you feel...
Dementi

New postby Aaron_0105 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:22 pm

Well i wasn't going to say anything.....

Maybe they are right and are leaving things on a high note... and not letting it peter out and what not..

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:34 pm

*nods*

Yes, lets decide that is how it is and be happy about it.

right?

Guys?
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Dementi » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:45 pm

*stomps foot

Nope, that line is crap.

*stomps feet as she goes below deck to scream about the injustice of it all.
Dementi

New postby Aaron_0105 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:04 pm

child...

But i'll guess we will never know eh?

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Aaron_0105 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:26 pm

Hey did you guys hear about the "Portal" Box set of SG1?
Get all 10 seasons plus the 3 movies in one.... now how good is that.. expensive i'll bet..

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Dementi » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:11 am

3 movies?

Are they including the one yet to be released or the remake of the 2 hour season premier as the third movie?
Dementi

New postby Raven Kai » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:28 am

Or do they mean the original Kurt Russel/James Spader film?
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:35 pm

Yes the original movie with it.

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:57 pm

Well, when it comes out, it means the other box set will come down in price again (you can get it for around $160 now) so it makes me happy! lol
Raven Kai
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to TV and Web Series