Stargate: Continuum (Spoilers)

Here's the place to discuss science fiction and fantasy TV and Web series, plus their characters, actors, and crew.

New postby Raven Kai » Thu May 01, 2008 11:45 pm

BRAVO!!!!BRAVO!!!!BRAVO!!!!

*Claps thunderously and throw roses at Abacus' feet*
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Dementi » Fri May 02, 2008 10:00 pm

Woot Ab...stands and claps!
I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream.
Dementi

New postby abacus » Fri May 02, 2008 10:10 pm

Thanks guys!

It's a while since I've been moved to commit poetic cannibalism in the name of Sci-Fi, but, you know, I was just in the mood!
abacus

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sat May 03, 2008 3:52 am

Yes plenty of praise from me too.... Nice work.
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

Stargate Continuum

New postby shannalee » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:34 pm

Hey all. Just watched Stargate Continuum and you will not be disappointed. At one point my sister (I am currently visiting my family) came out and asked if I was talking to myself or the TV. I just smilled and went back to the movie. I hope this is not a spoil for anyone but there are characters that you haven't seen in a while come back. This movie was awesome and there were times I was like, "That isn't supposed to happen!!" and when you see it you will know. This movie did not disappoint.

:D
Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons...
shannalee

New postby Victoria Winters » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:43 pm

Thanks for the info Shannalee. Good to see you btw. :D
Any view of things that is not strange, is false.
Victoria Winters

New postby Aaron_0105 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:56 pm

ooohh i wish my copy would hurry up and get here!!!!
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby shannalee » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:25 pm

You know this time I didn't preorder it I just when to Best Buy and it was right there in the front of the store. I drove home and watched it right then and there. I know that with Ark of Truth I preorder it and didn't get to watch it for many days. I can't wait to here what you all think.

It is great to see you Victoria and all. I am working on my Masters and it is taking way to much of my time away from the SciFi world. :?
shannalee

New postby Raven Kai » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:56 am

Thanks to Antoa, The Boy and LilFarret, I was able to see Continuum at Comic Con...

At the world premier...

On the U.S.S. Midway...

With the cast....

:shock:

It is awsome, the movie and the setting!

No one will be disappointed with it, i think.
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby shannalee » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:50 am

I was not disappointed but then again I didn't see it with the cast...that is not fair. I passed over Comic Con to spend it will my family. Never again will that happen. I got text with every event that I was interested in and there where tons. Next year I am so going... :twisted:
shannalee

New postby Victoria Winters » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:52 pm

Very commendable on your studies Shannalee. :D
Any view of things that is not strange, is false.
Victoria Winters

New postby kingfelic » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:08 pm

@Raven: Lucky you!

I saw it yesterday!!!! IT WAS AWESOME!!!!
Geek: slang term, noting individuals as "a peculiar or otherwise odd person, especially one who is perceived to be overly obsessed with one or more things including those of intellectuality, electronics, etc." Formerly, the term referred to a carnival performer often billed as a wild man whose act usually includes biting the head off a live chicken, bat, snake or bugs. The 1976 edition of the American Heritage Dictionary included only the definition regarding geek shows.
kingfelic

New postby Aaron_0105 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:11 pm

Kicks whoever is transporting my copy to me..

HURRY UP!!!!! You are too slow damnit!

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Telkesh » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:43 pm

Aaron_0105 wrote:Kicks whoever is transporting my copy to me..

HURRY UP!!!!! You are too slow damnit!

Grrr.. another WEEK until the AU release! :(
:-:Smile - It may seem dark now, but a new dawn will come. Dawn always comes:-:
Telkesh

New postby Aaron_0105 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:58 pm

Yeah i found that out after i pre-ordered.. Wasn't happy... I mean since when do they release something in America and then less than a week later release it here? Its unheard off! I mean Stargate Atlantis season 4 isn't going to be released here on dvd until septemebr 3rd. Bollocks to that!

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Telkesh » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:30 am

Aaron_0105 wrote:Yeah i found that out after i pre-ordered.

HERE'S SOMETHING TO MAKE YOU f'ING HAPPY!!! (yes. I mean to caps!!)

I HOPE YOU ORDERED WITH EZYDVD.COM.AU.

I've been saying the F word over and over!!!

EzyDVD wrote:Hi mark,

In This Special Newsletter:

** Stargate Beat the Bomb! SG-1 Worldwide Exclusive Offer!

** This is an automated email, please do not reply. **

--------------------------------------------------------------------

*** STARGATE BEAT THE BOMB! SG-1 WORLDWIDE EXCLUSIVE OFFER! ***

To celebrate the release of Stargate: Continuum on DVD and Blu-ray, EzyDVD are offering one lucky fan the chance to win an authentic Jaffa Staff Weapon! Measuring a huge 7 foot long, this amazing prize is an actual prop from the set of Stargate: SG-1!

The Jaffa warrior's primary offensive weapon, a Staff Weapon emits a focused plasma charge that can penetrate most forms of body armor with ease. It may also be used as a close combat weapon similar to a quarterstaff. Staff Weapons are inaccurate and brutal, epitomizing the Goa'uld martial philosophy of rule through fear.

To enter, simply pre-order Stargate: Continuum - available on DVD in an EzyDVD EXCLUSIVE Collector's Tin for only $29.83 or on Blu-ray for $39.83 from August 6 (existing orders qualify!) - then enter your details and order number on the contest page as well as answer the competition question, but be quick! We've put this contest on the clock so you need to enter before the timer hits zero! Don't miss this rare opportunity to own an actual piece of the phenomenon that is Stargate - EXCLUSIVE to EzyDVD!

The clock is ticking, so pre-order NOW!
http://www.ezydvd.com.au/beatthebomb.zml

Unfortunately, international customers are not eligible for this competition due to size constraints on overseas shipping.

My dear Überscifiarians I NEED your help. We have 3 days to get the best possible answer, and only one shot.\In 25 words or less what race in SG:1 would you hang out with for a day, and why?
I don't know if any other aussies here went with ezydvd (aaron, Fidelis?)
But i reckon we could get a few choice answers, and we can each pick our favourites and enter. One of us have to win.

Can anyone help us? 3 days and ticking...
Telkesh

New postby Telkesh » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:41 am

Ahem. Please excuse my previous outburst. But it's an official prop from the official show. I must get :D

The only race I really like is the Unas. but how could i describe them in 25 words or less and make it the best submission? And if not them, then who?
Telkesh

New postby Aaron_0105 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:43 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THATS NOT FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to have to ponder this methinks..

better ponder quickly the eh?

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Telkesh » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:36 am

My Shortlist:

The Unas. Powerful, tribal. Primitive and yet more honourable the humans today.
The Residents. One day locked in a virtual reality and you can experiance several years worth of experience.
The Argosians. With lifespans of only 100 days they are the best party people.
The Cimmerians. I have always had a love of Norse mythology and to spend a day with the people who live to those beliefs would be a real experience.

I guess one of those would be my choice. Try as hard as i could I couldn't find the race of people who look human but have no inhibitions :)

I'm probably gonna pick the Chimmerians or the Residents. Just need 25 killer words to go with it :) 50 hours...
Telkesh

New postby Aaron_0105 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:47 am

I'd go with the cimmerians.. Just to be able to immerse yourself in their culture of Mythical powerful warlike gods and their sense of honour would be worth it.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Telkesh » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:31 pm

Aaron_0105 wrote:I'd go with the cimmerians.. Just to be able to immerse yourself in their culture of Mythical powerful warlike gods and their sense of honour would be worth it.....

Ooooh! I like that. Did you pre=order with ezyDVD? if not.. I might just steal that :D

Mine was along the lines of:

The Residents, because their Virtual Reality Chairs allow you to re-live any moment from your life, as well as experiencing the Residents memories.

but I love what you have.
Telkesh

New postby MainframeHooligan » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:29 pm

I just watched Continuum, and I’m sorry to say – I am disappointed. Quite disappointed.

Do we spoiler here?

Oh, well – I'll post my opinion as a link since there don't seem to be spoiler tags.

Click not onward if thou doth not wish to encounter plot spoilers for Continuum.
- The pen is mightier than the sword, but the full-auto pen, with the 100 ink cartridge clip, is even mightier than that.
Ninja Code Monkey of the Apocalypse :wink:
MainframeHooligan

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:41 am

Go for it Telk...

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Aaron_0105 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:01 am

MainframeHooligan wrote:I just watched Continuum, and I’m sorry to say – I am disappointed. Quite disappointed.

Do we spoiler here?

Oh, well – I'll post my opinion as a link since there don't seem to be spoiler tags.

Click not onward if thou doth not wish to encounter plot spoilers for Continuum.

Ok peoples if you don't want to know don't look any further, i don't have the luxury of what Mainsframe has, a link to another site to post my thoughts.....

I think it rocked.... To me it was just like watching "Lost City"... A double episode of SG1 but with CGI a million times better... and Jack... Well.... lets just say despite his "brief" appearance, (after all it says in the opening credits "with special guest appearance by RDA..." what more were you expecting?) he still does what he does best in SG1.. playing Jack... And Carter does start to shed a tear for him until Cam Pulls her head in to deal with the now and grieve about the past later... ( refer to link in previous post).

But didn't Claudia look a tinsy bit over weight to you? Still hot! Don't get me wrong....
To me this is a pretty good timeline story and one i will most certainly watch over and over again......

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:23 am

Aaron_0105 wrote:But didn't Claudia look a tinsy bit over weight to you?

That's because she was pregnant! rofl In the beginning when she's carrying the big gun... look UNDER the gun. You'll see it nice and round then. Also the whole Boobs popping out of her top like waterbaloons? lactating membranes. :D
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:25 pm

She's got a bun int he oven?

Rats. :cry:

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:18 pm

LOL. Yep. both of her sons were Stargate babies...

Vala's pregnancy was written in because of her first pregnancy and the second pregnancy was 'written' around. :D
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby shannalee » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:28 pm

You know I was wondering that when I saw the previews. She looked a little big in that area when she sat down in her dress as a Gou'ld. I am happy for her.
:wav:
shannalee

New postby Telkesh » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:46 pm

Aaron_0105 wrote:[Jack... Well.... lets just say despite his "brief" appearance, (after all it says in the opening credits "with special guest appearance by RDA..."

Exatcly! It clearly states guest appearance. That always means a brief one-shot most of the time. did people really expect Baal and O'Neill to dance the tango for an hour or something?

I JUST finished watching (as in 46 seconds ago) and wow. At about 1:20 I actually unglued my eyes from the tv and was disappointed it was almost over, it just ran so nicely. So many Scenes had me :O! But I won't mention them.

One thing bothered me. the captain of the Achilles. His voice sounded really really familiar, lol. But that was answered. Still bothered me for the hour or so until it was.
Claudia: That was well done. If you're not looking for it you could overlook it easy enough. I did.

Uhm... I didn't win the staff (;.;) and I won't talk anymore until this thread is officially classified a spoiler zone.
Telkesh

New postby Raven Kai » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:11 pm

Is the Spoiler tag big enough now? :)

As for the captain, I turned to the trollop and was like, OMG Is that Ben!?
Raven Kai
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to TV and Web Series