Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Here's the place to discuss science fiction and fantasy TV and Web series, plus their characters, actors, and crew.

Re: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

New postby Raven Kai » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:17 pm

Yes, they have changed the future so they no longer have any idea what they are heading towards except that they seem to be making things worse. :?
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:30 am

yeah they do don't they... i think this series is going to become waaaaaay to complicated with all the variables thats happening...

I just have to say this though, if they try and stop judgement day then Kyle Reese would then never be sent back in time to protect Sarah and therefore John will never be born...

So it has to happen.. Judgement day that is..
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby SGater84 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:00 am

@Aaron Yes its good serie 8)

yeah good point... but that just make it more interesting coz you never know what would happen :P
ImageImage
SGater84

New postby Aaron_0105 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:57 pm

i know what you mean.. a lot of interesting possibilites can come from this show.. I'm not saying i dislike it. Far from it...
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Telkesh » Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:18 pm

Oh hey, kinda spoilery. But have any of you figured out what the three dots mean?

I'm so positive I know, that i'd bet money on it. Lots of money.
:-:Smile - It may seem dark now, but a new dawn will come. Dawn always comes:-:
Telkesh

New postby Aaron_0105 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:27 pm

ummmm not yet... i haven't watched any episodes of season 2.... yet....

Arrrghhhh me Hearties! :pirate:

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Aaron_0105 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:29 pm

Major spoilers below if you haven't watched the series...
ok... as some of you know i'm re-watching season 1 and last night in the episode where they stick Cameron in the taffic light system? They part where they cut her "brain" out and Cameron says "Don't worry we have done this before John."
My first immediate thought was "Huh" when did they cut Cameron's head open? Then thinking about that the only other time John has done something like that was in the Movie when he cut Arnie's head open...

so i thought they were one and they same Terminator but in a different body... but thats impossible.... right?

Anyone care to help me sort this out?

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:04 pm

Reply to Spoilers-

The film terminator's chip -
First film - smashed and broken (seen in second film in vault)
Second Film - melted down at end of movie
third film - body crushed under door, melted in nuclear blast topside, head sealed in vault for many years. Ultimate destination, unknown. BUT...

Even if it was the same chip, it would have been wiped. Cant imagine him holding on to it for years just to put in a female body. I'm thinking the first time she was referring to was when the intercepted her and reprogrammed her, used her against the machines somehow.

As for the red dots...

the strongest theories I've seen have to do with the game "Go"
"it's a strategic problem of the game "Go....impossibility of approaching a 2-1 point from the corner side..." something about the point at which a decision means either winning or losing, or losing and losing badly.

It's also the input/output of a neural network

Speaking of robots ... the Canadian android has nerve. Very cool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78krbfy9hh0
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Telkesh » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:33 am

My theories:

"we've done this before" Cameran and the John in the future were otgether for a really long time, even years, before he sent her back.

the dots:

They're a date! Remember then the 888 went back in time and overshot/ he used 3 stars in the sky to figure out the date.
:-:Smile - It may seem dark now, but a new dawn will come. Dawn always comes:-:
Telkesh

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:32 am

Nup.. i'm drawing a blank with the dots i'm afraid...

Thats exactly what i thought Raven.. The first chip was melted down along with the second one... that is actually a very good theory about john actually doing it the first time as well..

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:47 am

Tel- Yes, I think they were together for a very long time, even longer now that you account for her being sent back in time... there's a paradox here because she has to die at some point OR....

It's a loop maybe?

Timeline A - Cambot is programmed with identity of a real woman, Cameron Phillips, and sent to take her place with the humans to get at John Connor and kill him. Cambot discovered and reprogrammed to assist John, really becomes Cameron Phillips. John sends Cameron back in time to protect his younger self.

Timeline B - Cambot programmed with identity of a real woman, sent to take her place with the humans to get at John Connor and kill him. Cambot discovered and reprogrammed to assist John, becomes Cameron Phillips. John sends Cameron back in time to protect his younger self. Cameron successfully keeps John alive and is his trusted companion after Judgement day. When the human Cameron is kidnapped and replaced with a Cambot, it's stopped and reprogrammed and sent back in time to protect John Connor's younger self while Cameron continues as his companion in the future.

Timeline C - Cambot programmed with identity of a real woman, sent to take her place with the humans to get at John Connor and kill him. Cambot discovered and reprogrammed to assist John, becomes Cameron Phillips. John sends Cameron back in time to protect his younger self. Cameron successfully keeps John alive and is his trusted companion after Judgement day. When the human Cameron is kidnapped and replaced with a Cambot, it gets destroyed and Cameron is sent back in time once again to protect the young John Connor, thus repeating events after having now spent the better part of 2 lifetimes with him. :P

OR

Timeline D - Cambot programmed with identity of a real woman, sent to take her place with the humans to get at John Connor and kill him. Cambot discovered and reprogrammed to assist John, becomes Cameron Phillips. John sends Cameron back in time to protect his younger self. Cameron dies protecting young John. Older John remembers this and is reluctant to send Cameron back in time when the programmed Cambot shows up. Instead, he changes her chip with the one from Young John's past and keeps her around. Keeping her close upsets the rest of the human resistance. A group is sent back to kill Cameron in young John's time line...

:P Don't you love paradox!

As for dates.... great idea. Hmmmmm. i wonder if Sarah figures it out as she's... er... not everyone saw mid season cliffhanger so um... nevermind. :D
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:02 pm

WHOA!!!!!! wouldn't it be cool if any of them were right?

Definetly talk about time paradox!

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:25 pm

*sings, I am my own grandpa*

You know there was this Awesome paradox-time-travel movie called TimeRider about a motorcycle champion who accidentally gets caught in a time-travel experiment in the desert and finds himself back in 1877. It's one of my favorite movies from when I was a kid. I hope to find it on DVD someday. Good stuff. if you haven't seen it, look for it!
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:12 am

Really? will do then.. sounds like a good one....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby SGater84 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:00 am

Been watching till episode 209 now... OMG i love it!! 8)

Derek really impresses me. Brian's acting been really improved since Beverly Hills 90210 :D
ImageImage
SGater84

New postby Raven Kai » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:24 am

I didn't watch 90210 but I definitely think his presence has improved the show.
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:24 am

Brain's acting is phenomianl i think! Guys really improved he has..

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:42 am

Aaron - Talking like Yoda today we are?
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby SGater84 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:56 am

Hehe yeah jacket what he is wearing is awesome! 8) i also wear similar jacket with SG1 patches on it :D
ImageImage
SGater84

New postby Aaron_0105 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:09 pm

ha! didn't notice it...

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

Previous

Return to TV and Web Series