jPod

Here's the place to discuss science fiction and fantasy TV and Web series, plus their characters, actors, and crew.

New postby Raven Kai » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:07 pm

VANCOUVERITES UNITE!

I wish I were there. :(

xPod's own Priya Dhillon wrote:Dear RAVENKAI,

HELP xPod!

I shouldn't really be doing this but I'm desperate and I know that you guys won't mind helping me out.

12:00, noon, on Sat. March 29th by the north side of Canada Place in downtown Vancouver is supposed to be the start of the "FAITH" team building exercise.

As you guys know someone stole my hard-drive which had all of my work on it including the beginnings of a game that Aleksa and I have been working on.

I received some cryptic messages from some guy named Kam Fong who's left instructions to find clues around Vancouver on the 29th. As this is when the scavenger hunt is taking place anyway I'm putting out a plea for you all to help me get my hard drive back. We'll still have the Glass Slipper show after with refreshments, a draw for a Wii, etc... But I just really need you all to help me out.

You can go to the scavenger hunt sign up page at www.x-pod.ca OR

Just show up at the north side of Canada Place in Vancouver - near the IMAX at noon, Sat. Mar. 29 - look for people in x-Pod tshirts!

It's FREE. Plus I need the help!

desperately yours,

Priya
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Raven Kai » Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:16 pm

As for Xpod, well, we have a jPod but it's not the only pod at Neotronic Arts. Xpod is another group of workers within the company with ties to our beloved jpod (SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS ~~~if you watch the videos you will see a reference to someone's boyfriend dying/commiting suicide with helium ~~~~)

SAFE TO CONTINUE READING
So, based on Coupland's world of Neotronic Arts, Xpod explores yet another group of people in which YOU can participate as a game tester through their website. There's videos and games so once you 'apply' for your job, you get to do some interesting things on the site. Coupland appears as himself in one of the plots !! I'm having fun. I visit the site daily to play games. Woot! I've been in the top 10 but I haven't played in a couple of days and someome bumped me :( I have to go fix that now....

oh,btw, eps 11 and 12 appear on the website as viewable but I keep getting a 'content not available' message. Can one of my dear canadian friends see if they can watch it? Just so I know. the eps have not been aired yet though I would prefer to see them rather then read the 'recap' under 'episodes' :( I want to be suprised.
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Telkesh » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:39 pm

*Smack* Bad jPod! you do not end a series like that. Bad jPod!
:-:Smile - It may seem dark now, but a new dawn will come. Dawn always comes:-:
Telkesh

New postby Raven Kai » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:50 pm

*joins Telkesh in the tyrade*

Hey, the series wasn't supposed to end there so blame CBC....

Grrrr....

Hopefully if no one else picks up jPod, they will show a wrap up on the Neutronic Arts site since they are doing the xpod videos and Coupland has made guest appearances as himself. They could very easily use the website to at least give us closure. Still, Id rather have a season 2.
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Telkesh » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:01 pm

have you read the book? Because if the book ends there too my Coupland will be getting firm smacking, too.
Telkesh

New postby Raven Kai » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:17 pm

I have not been able to get my hands on the book yet but I am still looking. My understand though is that the book covers before Kaitlyn arrived, that the 'missing character' from the book is the dead guy in the show. :? I really need to get it. hmmm. maybe I will add it to my amazon preorder for SG1:C so I get free shipping....
Raven Kai
Administrator

jPod Fans Go Postal!

New postby Raven Kai » Tue May 13, 2008 8:51 am

Inside The CBC wrote:http://www.insidethecbc.com/jpod-fans-go-postal

According to this Facebook event, CBC employees responsible for the continuance of Jpod will be getting hundreds of lego figures in the mail.

Timing their campaign to coincide with the LEO awards, these eager Jpod’ers are asking all and sundry to mail CBC staff Lego figures with a short note begging the CBC to not cancel Jpod. Yes, it’s true; the tech-loving fans of the show are actually using snail mail to launch a campaign!

The fans of the show have chosen Lego both as a homage to the cover of the book that the series has been based on, and as a tip of the hat to Douglas Coupland’s apparent love of the Lego.

The date of the guerrilla mail-in has been set for Monday, May 19th. Jpod’ers have been instructed to keep the tone light and keep the figure happy, so get ready to be bombarded with little Lego men and women. Ideas for how to use the Lego figures should be submitted to the Interior Design department no later than Friday May 16th.
Raven Kai
Administrator

jPod receives 15 Leo nominations!

New postby Raven Kai » Tue May 13, 2008 8:56 am

For a complete list, check out the official webstie here: http://www.leoawards.com/nominees_by_program.html

jPod – 15 nominations

Save jPod! wrote:DRAMATIC SERIES - jPod Nominees

Best Dramatic Series
jPod - J.B. Sugar, Larry Sugar, Douglas Coupland - Producers

Best Direction in a Dramatic Series
J.B. Sugar - Senseless Prom Death

Best Screenwriting in a Dramatic Series (jPod sweeps this Category)
Douglas Coupland - Fine China
Daegan Fryklind - The Last Shot
Dennis Heaton - Betty & Veronica Syndrome
J.B. Sugar - The Hero’s Journey

Best Guest Performance by a Male in a Dramatic Series
Ryan Robbins - Sprite Quest
Kyle Cassie - The Hero’s Journey

Best Picture Editing in a Dramatic Series
Richard Schwadel - The Last Shot

Best Guest Performance by a Female in a Dramatic Series
Babz Chula - Crappy Birthday to You

Best Supporting Performance by a Male in a Dramatic Series
Ben Ayres - Emo-tion Capture
Colin Cunningham - Senseless Prom Death

Best Supporting Performance by a Female in a Dramatic Series
Steph Song - Senseless Prom Death

Best Lead Performance by a Male in a Dramatic Series
David Kopp - Fine China

Best Lead Performance by a Female in a Dramatic Series
Emile Ullerup - Senseless Prom Death

Raise a glass of Rum and Gatorade and Congratulate the Podsters!
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Telkesh » Tue May 13, 2008 4:09 pm

Pretty good for a show that got axed.
Telkesh

New postby Telkesh » Tue May 13, 2008 4:10 pm

I'm out. Damn. I need 2 weeks notice for this kinda thing, lol. But it's a good idea.

Item's are a good way to show exactly how many people want the show.
Telkesh

New postby Aaron_0105 » Tue May 13, 2008 7:10 pm

Thats fantastic for a show that got axed.
Well done. I hope they clean them out!
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby shannalee » Fri May 30, 2008 11:28 pm

Never heard of the show but would love to save jPod. I guess I am late but hey I support the cause... 8)
Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons...
shannalee

New postby Raven Kai » Sat May 31, 2008 9:05 am

jPod is a tv series based on a book. During a y2k computer glitch in the human resourced department of a video game company called Neotronic Arts, a group of newly hired computer programmers with last names all beginning in J get assigned to the same group, or 'POD'. These new employees have very different specialties and very different lives. The series picks up about 7 years into the creation of this 'jPod' as a new member is introduced into this group.

It's filled with humor, satire and social commentary, drug dealing turtles, dead bodies needing hidden and intestine spilling gore.

You'll laugh so hard you'll cry!
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby shannalee » Sat May 31, 2008 12:01 pm

You had me at drug dealing turtles. I will have to check to see if they are still available on the internet. Thanks for letting me know.
Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons...
shannalee

New postby Raven Kai » Sat May 31, 2008 10:44 pm

You are most welcome!
Raven Kai
Administrator

jPod Season One given second airing on CBC beginning 6/19!

New postby Raven Kai » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:54 pm

Save jPod on Facebook wrote:Last March, CBC pulled the plug on an amazing new TV show called jPod, due to lower than hoped for ratings (they aired it on Friday nights). But fresh off the cancellation, a fan campaign was launched and now CBC is actually re-airing the first season again in a better timeslot: Thursdays 8pm, starting June 19. This is a perfect opportunity to save the show!

Help us rescue this brilliant show by watching jPod on CBC, Thursday nights at 8pm starting June 19.

New to jPod? follow this link to find out why it should be saved: http://savejpod.ca/new-to-jpod/

We need help getting the word out!
Please read this page for more info about how you can help:
http://savejpod.ca/uncategorized/jpod-r ... st-on-cbc/

International fan?
Why not show your support by watching online while the rest of us watch on CBC! And help spread the word if you know anyone in Canada!

Let’s make this broadcast go viral!!!

So here is your chance! If you missed it the first time around DON'T MISS IT THIS TIME! Maybe we can get a second season.
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:33 am

Hey i hate to sound really dumn here but where can i watch it online?
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Telkesh » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:50 pm

Aaron_0105 wrote:Hey i hate to sound really dumn here but where can i watch it online?

The CBC site has it hosted, but only canadians can see it there.
I had to resort to using torrents last time.

This is good news though, re-runs are a small step towards new fans.
Telkesh

New postby MainframeHooligan » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:21 pm

Should I mention that just today, we got our boss, Steve, back from China, whence he went on the 18th of last month, and from whom we heard not a single word - nothing, nada, not a thing - until he showed up at the office today, all smiles, happy and mellow. :shock:

Not even the heinous discovery that one of my coworkers had managed to unsecure the access of about 75% of all the users on the system, leaving them free to go everywhere, and do anything they could think of :roll: managed to diminish his happy so much as one iota. :shock: :shock: :shock:

There's been discussion of 'pod people' all day - and much chuckling and repetitions of the correction "jPod people" from the folks in the department who've read the book.

Telkesh, I suspect I might be headed for a Torrent myself. (Come to the Dark side - we have cookies. And Torrents. And jPod.) (And no microwave popcorn - for which the Gods are thanked. :lol: )
MainframeHooligan

New postby Raven Kai » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:46 am

OMG That is SOOOO Parallel to jPod's story line! ROFL thank you for sharing!

As for where to watch it, yes the site has been blocked outside of Canada but the way the article read, I believe they are changing that when they relaunch.

Here is the website address. http://www.cbc.ca/jpod/ check it out and see if you don't get hooked just by the snazzy music and fun things to do. mwahahaha
Raven Kai
Administrator

Support your local jPod!

New postby Raven Kai » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:42 am

Support your Local jPod!

Say No To Steve! Save jPod wrote:jPod Season One is re-airing on CBC, Thursdays at 8pm, starting June 19!

This is a huge, huge opportunity for us. It’s our chance to speak in a language CBC understands: ratings. And hey, it’s not a Friday timeslot! We can truly have an impact here.

I know what you’re thinking:

What difference can I make without one of those Nielsen devices?

That’s why we have to get the word OUT! I mean REALLY OUT.

We need to reach beyond our familiar circle of friends, and it’s gonna take all of us working together to accomplish this task. Word of mouth got the audience here, and it will work again!

So take a moment to tell your friends that jPod is re-airing. Explain why it’s important they watch it live. Convince them to pass the info on – this will be the key to our success. We have to get beyond the first degree of separation, which means you’re responsible for reaching your friends’ friends. So find a way to convince your friends to forward the news on to their friends…

Blog it. Discuss in person with your neighbours, dentist, gym buddies, etc. Ask them to pass the news on. Distribute flyers. Put posters up around town…

Whatever it takes, because this is our last, final, and best stand.

We owe it to jPod’s producers to give Season One a traditional audience. Let’s salute the hard-working cast, crew and writers who came together to create this masterpiece. As far as I’m concerned, this is a victory lap for a fantastic first season.

So wherever you are on Thursday evenings, find your way to a TV, kick back and enjoy the ride! It’ll be even more fun for us the second time around!

And who knows, if we convince enough people to watch… there may be a second season after all.

Yup, that's right. jPod is getting a second chance so if you missed it the first time, check it out now. It starts tonight and I "THINK" they are unlocking the website so TRY to watch it online if you aren't in Canada or near enough to get CBC. Maybe if they get enough hits from around the world they will unlock the website so everyone can see it. If it gets enough attention (like 15 Leo nominations isn't enough), a Season 2 may be on the horizon and another paying job as a cultural icon for our Miss Ullerup.

So, go to their website and try to watch tonight's episode tonight or tomorrow and go back frequently until they get the idea. Also, do searches in that little search box at the top. the CBC front page lists the top 10 searches and jpod is frequently near the top of it.

Good luck and enjoy if you can find it.
Raven Kai
Administrator

Previous

Return to TV and Web Series