Farscape

Here's the place to discuss science fiction and fantasy TV and Web series, plus their characters, actors, and crew.

Re: Farscape

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:13 pm

sorry mate that should have been new plan... still not good enough for what i want but its the best i could do... bloody testra causing all the hassles....
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Aaron_0105 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:37 am

Just watched Self Inflicted wounds part 2.... you know the one with the two ships stuck in the wormhole?

............ Wow.... and oh dear.......
This just keeps getting better and better...
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:23 am

*cries*

That one inspired an as of yet unpenned fan-fic/setup for second series from an unknown writer names Raven Kai. :P

Seriously, I was soooo upset with that episode, I spent weeks thinking about how to unbreak things.
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:38 pm

but why?? does anyone know why it happened? why did Virgina Hey leave?

the next one after that wasn't a fun either... the one about time travel... that one was just sad...
Damn i think your going to have to put spoiler tags Raven.. cos i soo want to talk about it but i don't want to say too much cos i got in trouble last time...

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Dementi » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:23 am

As far as I know she left due to skin/allergy reasons from all the make-up that she had to wear for her character.

as for talking about the show, that is what this whole thread is about...I think we have all seen the series except you...you newb. However, if you are worried about spoilers then put SPOILER warning, leave a whole wack of space and then start your discussion, that is how we do it on one of the boards I used to be on or a specific eppy thread...but the spoiler warning should suffice here.
I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream.
Dementi

New postby Aaron_0105 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:46 pm

Yes Ma'am!!!!

She left because she was having an allergic reaction to the makeup?!?!?!? That seems like a pretty pisspoor excuse to me... Surely they would have tried to find an altenative solution for her.

I'm really starting to get sick of Rygel..... Selfish little frelling buckwheat excuse for an alien... always so bloody negative.. but you could argue thats his way of dealing with it....
Man i had a whole list of things going through my brain before about this but right now they all allude me.. when i think about it next i'm going to write them down...

Stay tuned!!!!!!!!!!

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Dementi » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:13 pm

/taps fingers as she waits...
Dementi

New postby Aaron_0105 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:50 pm

get a cuppa while you wait.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Dementi » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:18 am

/continues to tap fingers
Dementi

New postby Raven Kai » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:36 am

Yes, Virginia Hey's kidneys were bleeding. Her body couldn't filter the toxins in the makeup and it resulted in tissue damage and internal bleeding. They tried changing her wardrobe and makeup (as you will notice the high collar and long sleeves) but it had become quite dangerous for her. Eventually, they had to find a solution, a good exit, to save her life. It wasn't planned or wanted.
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Dementi » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:14 pm

You know to be honest, by the time she finally left, I really wasn't sad to see her go.
Dementi

New postby Aaron_0105 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:07 pm

yeah but they replaced her with some ugly whiny little bitch thats almost bald! was her name again? Jool!
And Stark........ He was really very coherent in the beginning but now he had sorted lost it... rambling and what not.. starting to annoy me actually....

But it will be intersting to find out how they deal with the two John's.... Wouldn't it be awesome but sad if they decided toi kill the real john off in attempt to save Moya but they only discover their mistake after its happened??
About time John and Aeryn got it on... 10 years of RDA and AT dancing around each other really wore on me... good to see someone do it in 3 years....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:13 pm

Yes, Joolushko Tunai Fenta Hovalis - her scream is sooo annoying...
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:21 pm

so is her hair...

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:39 am

And her eyebrows... :P
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:07 pm

what eye brows?

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Dementi » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:08 pm

aww, poor Jool. I liked her!
Dementi

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:28 pm

are you serious?

Maybe i just have to get used to her?
Tomorrow i start downloading season 4! YAY!!! should be able to start watching it as soon as i've finished season 3 and 5 days after i start downloading it... Thats how long it takes me to download the entire 8gb season...

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Dementi » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:54 pm

I like her, but that is me...we will have to wait and see if you change your mind...
Dementi

New postby Raven Kai » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:43 am

See, Dementi, we have to be careful not to spoil him... *raises eyebrow* Especicall concerning a certain.. er... Well, see. *sigh* Can't give that away!
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Dementi » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:59 pm

:twisted:
Dementi

New postby Aaron_0105 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:08 pm

oh thats just evil.....
Its downloading! Its downloading! I can only get it as fast as it will allow me to! As of ths moment it has 3 days and 18 hours to go....sigh.......

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:26 am

So you are DL it because of the subtitles? Just checking. I know we girls recently turned you on ... to it I mean... ;) but I'm suprised you haven't got the box set yet. Especially considering you can run to the store and buy the whole series for the price of one season here.
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:30 pm

Yeah thats why... the box sets don't come with subs... at all. not even spanish.. got a program that interpets foreign languages into english subtitles... so i can't go out and buy it and rip the dvds. no point in wasting the money for something i'm not going to even use...

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Aaron_0105 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:35 pm

WOO!!!! I got all of Season 4! And.... wait for it.... The Peacekeeper War as well!!! YAY!!! And all in the space of 6hours! thats over 9gb! Shit yeah!!!!!

I manged to get in touch with the actual guy who had the torrent and he agreed to seed it the whole way through! Bless him.. there are still nice strangers in the world...
YEAH!

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:17 am

Very sweet. :) Glad it worked out for you. Now you can spoil yourself and we can tease you about it. :P
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:19 am

holy........ cow.......

wow.. Brilliant.. just brilliant...

I had a few weeks off form farscape and i've come back from just watching the episode where one of the Crichton's die... I never saw that coming.. i fully expected a different ending to that story arc.. I love it when they blow me away like that.. I can't think of any other one that can top that episode at all.. or any to come...

I just had an idea for a new thread and i'll post it later in the morning after i've had a nights sleep..

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:24 am

Ok i don't know how many times i keep saying this about this show.. wow...

I've just watched the episode called "A constellation of Doubt"
The one were John watches the tv footage of them being on earth..
Everything about this particular episode is so right.. the comments, the actions everything....

Will we ever figure out what we do? With ourseleves i mean.. will we ever learn?

and also will we ever figure out the why the way Tv executives think the way we do? By cancelling this show earlier than it should have been?
That has got to be one the greatest questions that we can ask right now...

I've always professed at SG1 being the greatest scifi show, but this..... dare i say it? Masterpiece is certainly winning my heart over...
That and BSG....

I'm also aware that i still haven't posted that other thread i was talking about.. I only remembered it when i came back to this thread...

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:22 pm

The end of Farscape was for once, not so much a network decision so much as a banking decision.

The production company, Jim Henson's Creature Shop, was part of a portfolio that was sold to a bigger business I believe in Japan. The new parent company had no interest in having a production company or tv shows. They wanted the other stuff in the portfolio. Long story short, everyone showed up to film season 5 and had no budget. SOOO the shimmed it down to a 4 hour pot line, dumped all of their personal cash, begged, borrowed and ... well, maybe borrowed more.. and filmed The Peacekeeper War. After they filmed it, the Hensen brothers sold the rights to the Muppets to Disney to get the cash to buy the company back. It is once again a family owned business however the time off has prevented them from getting Farscape up and running again. There was talk of a webseries and recently a Comic Book series began that takes place after the PK wars so HOPEFULLY this is filling in the blanks and stirring up interest in the next film, tv or webseries that is planned and will hopefully happen. In the mean time, the Hensons have been very busy, producing movies, tv shows, commercials, even broadway shows. They are building a name for themselves once again and along with that, there should be more power to create what they want to create. For example, MirrorMask was one of their movies and right now The Dark Crystal sequal is in production. Keep your fingers crossed for more Farscape on the horizon!
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:37 pm

well thats just crap... and apparently the webisodes are in a very serious stage of being made.. and everyone who was in it is returning from what i heard.. needless to say i'm a little giddy with excitment..

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

PreviousNext

Return to TV and Web Series