Farscape

Here's the place to discuss science fiction and fantasy TV and Web series, plus their characters, actors, and crew.

New postby Raven Kai » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:02 pm

Yes, it does get better and better and better. And you will never look at Vala the same way again after having seen Farscape. :P Claudia is so talented.

I've bought the series twice now I think and still don't have the original disks in my hands.... *arg*

But you know what they say, 3rd times the charm.
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:29 pm

Oh and another thing i got to say about this is how similar sounding my Name and aeryn's name is...i think its cool..
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:01 pm

Gee and, imagine if you will, how many times growing up your Mum or Da said, "Aaron, son..." to you... :P

I bet you would look funny with.... a pony tail... :lol:
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:19 am

lol! i forgot about her last name!! But alas i can't recollect mum or dad ever calling me that...
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Aaron_0105 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:50 am

Well i just finished watching teh last episode of season 1, Famliy Ties. Good ep btw, but one thing i noticed about it.. Did they all experience Johns "dream" from "A Human Reaction"?

So... Aeryn and John, really had a ummm.. you know waht i mean.... but only in their minds? Boy that woud be just wierd as... but really cool... Hurry download! i want to watch the next season damnit!

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:13 am

Aaron - I've always gone through that in my head, too. Did they, didn't they, shared dream... Same thing, right? :P
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Dementi » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:45 pm

I think they did.
I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream.
Dementi

New postby Aaron_0105 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:56 pm

I'm leaning towards that too cos Aeryn mentions John's dad asking him is he really like that?

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Telkesh » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:07 pm

Dementi wrote:I think they did.

Uhm. Aaron turn away. This might be a spoiler. infact it definitely will.

Ok. So in a part of the series John has an...incident, right? and the team split up for a few episodes? Remember? Trying to make it unspoilery.

So anyway. Ayren and John are fighting about trusting each other and he says something along the line of "How many times have we been close?"

Ayren assumed he meant sexually, when he just meant in a life or death situation. and she replies, in a whisper "Just the once..."

I took that as confirmation that it was real.
:-:Smile - It may seem dark now, but a new dawn will come. Dawn always comes:-:
Telkesh

New postby Aaron_0105 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:22 pm

too late... doesn't matter.. It gives me somethin to look forward too!

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:22 pm

Telkesh wrote:
Dementi wrote:I think they did.

Uhm. Aaron turn away. This might be a spoiler. infact it definitely will.

Ok. So in a part of the series John has an...incident, right? and the team split up for a few episodes? Remember? Trying to make it unspoilery.

So anyway. Ayren and John are fighting about trusting each other and he says something along the line of "How many times have we been close?"

Ayren assumed he meant sexually, when he just meant in a life or death situation. and she replies, in a whisper "Just the once..."

I took that as confirmation that it was real.

THAT is the scene I was referring to before, trying not to spoil anything, that made me go back and rewatch the episode. As I said, deleting the john in bed and Aeryn in men's clothes the next mornging (in the US version) scene does leave some questions UNTIL that 'just the once' comment. So, now the question is this:

Did everything happen in their own minds in a shared vision OR did the alien use all of their power to create this virtual reality (Holo Deck) in which they actually physically interacted with it - and each other?

I think it was physically real for them the same way Holodeck is real on ST:TNG
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:04 am

It would be nice if was physical real. but i think it would still count if they were both conscious of it at the time....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:38 pm

My only reason for thinking that it isn't a shared consciousness is that the world was created from John's mind, his memories. I don't think he could imagine birth marks and freckles on himself in places he can't see, or Aeryn hers soo.... im...

Who knows, maybe that's when ... oh, nevermind. :)
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:29 pm

Don't worry we get the idea... John you Devil!!! :twisted:

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

Re: Farscape

New postby Aaron_0105 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:48 am

Now that i've been "ordered" to continue watching this series... (Thank god for the new ISP, so i could get it!)
I just want to say this has really picked up and i'm loving it... i'm up to the season 2 parter where they break into the bank vault...

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:12 am

ooooooooh..... Good one. I have the action figure of Zhaan in that costume. :P
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Dementi » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:47 pm

Think I will have to start watching them again...speaking of action figures...I have acquired a few SGA ones. Will have to take a photo and post it!
Dementi

New postby Aaron_0105 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:23 am

Really? You guys still collect dolls? suppose the little girls inside never really grow up..

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:37 am

*slaps Aaron*

I have NEVER collected dolls. I collect Action Figures. I played with Star Wars, G.I. Joe, Sgt. Rock, Star Trek (the Meglo figures), Battlestar Galactica, Clash of the Titans, Wild West Heroes, The Lone Ranger, Indiana Jones....

My mom tried to get me to be more girly and bought me this REALLY expensive 'Better Homes and Gardens' doll house and I turned it into a base for the good guys in my war between the Good vs. Evil of each series of figures I collected. I must admit, Princess Leiah was a bit torn between her affections for Han Solo and Indiana Jones. She just didn't know which one she liked best. :P

The only Barbie I ever played with was one that had been given to me for christmas or birthday that I left neglected in the floor unplayed with until one day she was chewed by a dog. Once her fingers, toes and nose were missing, she made a great slave girl for my 12 inch Star Wars figures. :P I even had her wrapped in a 'fake leather' tunic and chopped her hair off badly to reflect her lowly status. Of course, she was rescued from some evil warlord but a life as a deaf, mute, deformed slave does not prepare you for freedom after words and she continuted in her capacity as servent even after being rescued by the Rebel Alliance. :P

I only wish we had Farscape around back when I was a kid. It was the most inventive SciFi in years!!!

And oh... all my Farscape are MOC. so there... you don't play with a box, you admire it.
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:18 pm

ow!!

Doll is still a doll... no matter which way you put it... :wink:

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:18 am

THEY DID WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Why! why do that?!?!?!?

edit: PHEW! All is good now...

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:19 am

What episode?!
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Dementi » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:05 pm

Action Figures, not Dolls...my sister played with those...I made them have horrendous car crashes. I never played with dolls, hot wheels, tonka, G.I. Joe, Lego...not girly at all!

As for my Action Figures they stay dust free on a shelf for viewing in their boxes.

I am intrigued, what eppy did you just watch?
Dementi

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:05 pm

The end of season 2..... was so engrossed with it i had to download the beginning of season 3 straight away just to find out what had happenend and i swear it was the quickest torrent download i have ever had... i'm now downloading the rest of season 3 and next month i'll start on season 4 and then the next month after that i'll do the peacekeeper wars...

Incidently is season 3 where in production terms when America or Canada picked up Farscape production? cos it looks more.... i dunno slick?

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Dementi » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:11 pm

Why are you waiting for a new month, just dl them all and watch it!
Dementi

New postby Raven Kai » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:59 pm

Aaron... I really don't know... :?

Farscape is like... lsd or something.... once you get a small taste it will be in your system for the rest of your life! lol.
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:05 am

Download limits dear dementi.. Internet in Australia sucks at the momemt... and each seaon is over 8gb to download... then i have to seed most of it and that takes it up to 16 gb of usage.. When i reach my cap the net is dialled back to dial speed of 64kps..... so i wold rather get it gradly than spend nearly a whole month with dial up....

Yeah it sure it Raven.. Thought it was a bit encentric in the begiing and also vey selfish.. I do understand why though.. Maybe because i was so used to Sg1's team efforts every episode...

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Dementi » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:04 pm

Aww, bummer, that sucks....

Mmm the drug of Farscape...
Dementi

New postby Telkesh » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:56 pm

Aaron_0105 wrote:Now that i've been "ordered" to continue watching this series... (Thank god for the new ISP, so i could get it!)
I just want to say this has really picked up and i'm loving it... i'm up to the season 2 parter where they break into the bank vault...

New ISP?
:-:Smile - It may seem dark now, but a new dawn will come. Dawn always comes:-:
Telkesh

New postby Dementi » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:46 pm

I can change mine with my router...
Dementi

PreviousNext

Return to TV and Web Series