HOME

Here's the place to discuss science fiction and fantasy films, plus their characters, actors, and crew.

HOME

New postby kingfelic » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:12 pm

I came across this the other day and I was stuck glued to my computer. This is a type of documentary i've been waiting for. It's not like an Inconvenient Truth, actually in my opinion this is much better.

HOME tells the story of how life in all it's forms are connected and how we need another for balance and survival. How our actions have consequences more dire then what we think. It's not a film necessarily about Global warming as that is not mentioned until the last half hour. But it is just of how human arrogance of taking the only home we have for granted and believing that everything we have will still be there tomorrow. I think the greatest example and connection they made in this film of where we are going is to Easter Island.

I think this is something people should check out if they didn't mind an Inconvenient Truth, but don't assume they are both about the same thing. Oh, this will only be on Youtube until the 14th. So try to catch it if you can, there are some amazingly beautiful shots of our planet.
Geek: slang term, noting individuals as "a peculiar or otherwise odd person, especially one who is perceived to be overly obsessed with one or more things including those of intellectuality, electronics, etc." Formerly, the term referred to a carnival performer often billed as a wild man whose act usually includes biting the head off a live chicken, bat, snake or bugs. The 1976 edition of the American Heritage Dictionary included only the definition regarding geek shows.
kingfelic

Re: HOME

New postby Raven Kai » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:59 am

Wow. This looks amazing. I don't have time to watch the whole thing before work but I'll be watching it. I'm 15 minutes into it now and wow. It's beautiful and very well done. thanks for sharing the link!
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Aaron_0105 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:29 am

Awesome! I'll definetly have to check this out later today! After i get my sleep.. (Its 230 am here at the moment and i knackered from work)
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Pegasus Angel » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:18 am

I'm going to check it out at the weekend, b4 the 14th! :D
Pegasus Angel

New postby Raven Kai » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:36 am

By the end of the movie, I was crying. It's so beautiful and frightening.
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby kingfelic » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:47 pm

I know, me too! *hugs Raven*

It;s simply amazing ain't it?
Geek: slang term, noting individuals as "a peculiar or otherwise odd person, especially one who is perceived to be overly obsessed with one or more things including those of intellectuality, electronics, etc." Formerly, the term referred to a carnival performer often billed as a wild man whose act usually includes biting the head off a live chicken, bat, snake or bugs. The 1976 edition of the American Heritage Dictionary included only the definition regarding geek shows.
kingfelic

New postby Raven Kai » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:29 pm

*nods*
Raven Kai
Administrator

Return to Films