Frank Frazetta

Here's the place to discuss art related to science fiction and fantasy, plus the artists who create it.

Frank Frazetta

New postby Victoria Winters » Tue May 11, 2010 7:37 am

Frazetta died yesterday at Lee Memorial hospital in Fort Myers Florida after suffering a stroke sunday night.
My favourite artist is gone and he left less than 5 miles away from me.

He is missed by many.
Rest easy Frank.
:(
Any view of things that is not strange, is false.
Victoria Winters

Re: Frank Frazetta

New postby Aaron_0105 » Tue May 11, 2010 11:39 pm

oh that's a shame!
I'm afraid to say that i actually haven't heard of him. I don't know many artists as i'm not particularly very artistsy person..
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Victoria Winters » Wed May 12, 2010 7:19 am

You've probably seen a lot of his work but don't know it's him, Aaron. It you have ever seen an old paperback book cover for Tarzan or Conan that depicts natural looking yet strong characters, they were painted by Frazetta. I'll try to take some pics soon and post them here or email them to you.
For several years now, when I have the cash, I buy any book with a Frazetta cover. He also did work for many other stories and for music albums. Oh yeah, have you seen the Molly Hatchet album with the barbarian guy with the beard running strait like he's going to run off of the cover and directly at you? That is Frazetta's work too. A couple years ago we bought some prints from his museum and they were sent to us with his own writing on the labels. I am extra glad that we kept the tube they were shipped in.
Any view of things that is not strange, is false.
Victoria Winters

New postby Aaron_0105 » Fri May 14, 2010 1:54 am

ahhh now i got ya...
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

Return to Art