The Walking Dead

Here's the place to discuss science fiction and fantasy comic books, graphic novels, and online comics, plus their artists and writers.

The Walking Dead

New postby Dementi » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:00 am

Ok, so for Christmas (as we are huge fans of the show) I bought the Compendium version of the graphic novel...it is a beast of a book, but in the end will take less book shelf space and was cheaper then buying each novel seperate. I was wondering if any of you have read it the graphic novel or for that matter watch the series?

If you have read the novels and watch the series what do you think of it's divergence?
I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream.
Dementi

Re: The Walking Dead

New postby fidelis » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:12 am

**SPOILER ALERT** this is another thing i am trying to read at the moment, but really am struggling not because of the story but simply because of the little time i have, i picked the walking dead comics up electronically and read them on the comp whenever i can find some spare time, i am currently up to just after they are driven out of the prison, as for the divergence, normally i am against things like that, but i have to say i think it is a good thing, because it means i can watch the TV series without knowing exactly what is going to happen next, yet they still follow some of the general plot lines, so basically you know roughly what is going to happen but the TV series still manages to throw in a few surprises here and there.

Also i think the Comics can get away with a hell of a lot more then the TV series can, i will be interested to see whether or not the TV show will depict michone's treatment at the hands of the governor. Her treatment in the comics actually caused a bit of a stir from what i heard... but either way i am loving both the comics and the TV Series.
How do you shoot the devil in the back? What if you miss?

Avatar image courtsey of Henning Ludvigsen - www.henningludvigsen.com
fidelis

New postby Victoria Winters » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:13 am

Don't have television. Didn't read the spoiler.
Any view of things that is not strange, is false.
Victoria Winters

New postby Aaron_0105 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:34 am

I don't get that here i think is i don't know much about it i'm afraid..
So i take it it's well worth the watch/read?
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby fidelis » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:58 am

both the comics and the tv series are both worth watching, the DVD/BD has just been released for the first season, i have the 1st and 2nd season which feel of the back of internet site ;) which i would offer to stick on a dvd and send up to but unfortunately they don't have subs with them...

I can't say certain for the DVD, but my BD copy of season 1 lists as having English SDH subtitles.

but yeah i recommend the comics and the tv show.
How do you shoot the devil in the back? What if you miss?

Avatar image courtsey of Henning Ludvigsen - www.henningludvigsen.com
fidelis

New postby Aaron_0105 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:21 am

.. since i'm such a naughty boy, i've managed to find the comics in the nether regions of the Internet and i am currently obtaining them as we speak... so i will have some ample reading on the weekend!
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

Return to Comics