Bimbos of the Death Sun

Here's the place to discuss science fiction and fantasy books, plus their authors.

Bimbos of the Death Sun

New postby Cammy » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:18 pm

I meant to put a recommendation in for this a little bit ago, but the upgrade distracted me....

Bimbos of the Death Sun by Sharyn McCrumb. It usually gets shelved with Mysteries, but it appeals to sci-fi fans. It's about a murder at a sci-fi con. I was HIGHLY amused by this one (the characters were like a roll call of my fellow Skiffy members from college). I wrote a slightly more detailed plug for the book here.
Imagine witty sig here.
Cammy

New postby Raven Kai » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:15 am

Thank you, Cammy. I will have to check this out! It makes me think of Amazon Women On The Moon, sorta kinda. LOL and I am sure I resemble and recognizes many of those characters. I'll have to see if I can find it at 'Ye Olde Book Shop' or perhaps Amazon.
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Dementi » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:23 am

Two books I have never heard of....
I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream.
Dementi

New postby Cammy » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:26 am

Dementi wrote:Two books I have never heard of....

Don't feel bad--neither had I until my friend handed it to me. I honestly didn't believe that it was a book until I had it in my hand. Who could take a title like that seriously?
Imagine witty sig here.
Cammy

New postby Dementi » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:28 am

Cammy wrote:Don't feel bad--neither had I until my friend handed it to me. I honestly didn't believe that it was a book until I had it in my hand. Who could take a title like that seriously?

Good I feel much better, as for the title...well...ya...probably not.
Dementi

New postby Raven Kai » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:48 am

You won't believe this but I just bought this book! LOL

Bimbos of the Death Sun and Zombies of the Gene Pool by Sharyn McCrumb on ebay for less then $5 including the S&H.

I don't know when I will get around to reading it but I will definitely have to discuss it with you.
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Cammy » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:59 pm

ravenkai wrote:You won't believe this but I just bought this book! LOL

Bimbos of the Death Sun and Zombies of the Gene Pool by Sharyn McCrumb on ebay for less then $5 including the S&H.

I don't know when I will get around to reading it but I will definitely have to discuss it with you.

Oooh! You got the sequel too? Niiiiiice. I only have the first one (tell me how the second one is, will ya?)
Imagine witty sig here.
Cammy

New postby Raven Kai » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:35 pm

Cammy wrote:
ravenkai wrote:You won't believe this but I just bought this book! LOL

Oooh! You got the sequel too? Niiiiiice. I only have the first one (tell me how the second one is, will ya?)

I'll do ya one better, I'll loan it to you! ;)
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Cammy » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:02 pm

ravenkai wrote:
Cammy wrote:Oooh! You got the sequel too? Niiiiiice. I only have the first one (tell me how the second one is, will ya?)

I'll do ya one better, I'll loan it to you! ;)

Thank you!!! You rock ;)
Imagine witty sig here.
Cammy

Re: Bimbos of the Death Sun (no, I'm not making this up)

New postby Laura » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:01 pm

Cammy wrote:I meant to put a recommendation in for this a little bit ago, but the upgrade distracted me....

Bimbos of the Death Sun by Sharyn McCrumb. It usually gets shelved with Mysteries, but it appeals to sci-fi fans. It's about a murder at a sci-fi con. I was HIGHLY amused by this one (the characters were like a roll call of my fellow Skiffy members from college). I wrote a slightly more detailed plug for the book here.

No. How.did.you.not.share.this?
Father Dougal:
*running from milk float-ripping off
milkman uniform joyously*
"I'm a priest!!"
~Father Ted
Best.Episode.EVER
Laura

Re: Bimbos of the Death Sun (no, I'm not making this up)

New postby Cammy » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:07 pm

Laura wrote:
Cammy wrote:I meant to put a recommendation in for this a little bit ago, but the upgrade distracted me....

No. How.did.you.not.share.this?

Mary didn't give it to me until I moved, I swear! You think I'd withhold this? You'd have heard me laughing through the walls! Check the 1/2 Price Books--I bet they have a copy! :lol:
Imagine witty sig here.
Cammy

New postby Raven Kai » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:35 pm

My copy arrived yesterday. It's a hardcover book with a red dust jacket, what looks like the Magic Kingdom on the front and "Bimbos and Zombies" in big white letters on the front! Can't wait to read it! I have 3 different books I am trying to read though, should I really start a 4?!?!?
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Dementi » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:40 pm

Go for it! You can do it!
Dementi

Return to Books