Harry Potter

Here's the place to discuss science fiction and fantasy books, plus their authors.

Harry Potter

New postby Victoria Winters » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:55 pm

I haven't read any of this stuff as of this date that has appeared in the book section. It all sounds great but I was wondering if I anyone else (besides Raven with the first Elric book) reads Michael Moorcock, Roberta Ideus, or John Dickson Carr? Ummm...There's still Harry Potter!!! Yea, I may not be so out of the loop after all.
Any view of things that is not strange, is false.
Victoria Winters

New postby Aaron_0105 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:11 pm

of course there is still harry potter! What's not to love about those books?! I still haven't decided which one is my favourite yet..
Last edited by Aaron_0105 on Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Raven Kai » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:20 pm

Aaron_0105 wrote:of course there is still harry potter! What's no to love about those books?! I still haven't decided which one is my favourite yet..

Me either.
Raven Kai
Administrator

New postby Victoria Winters » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:38 pm

I gots me a favorite one. :) Order of the Phoenix.
Victoria Winters

New postby Aaron_0105 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:40 pm

that one and the goblet of fire are up there but prisoner of Azkaban is pretty cool too. Crap. Just can't decide......... supoose i'l just have tread them again.
Life is fun, death is peaceful, it is usually the transition that is painful.....

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Victoria Winters » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:42 pm

Yes, I think that may be your only option. :)
Victoria Winters

New postby Aaron_0105 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:43 pm

what a bummer...... :wink:

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Victoria Winters » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:05 pm

Guess not then, just dear old Harry James Potter it is. :)
Victoria Winters

New postby Aaron_0105 » Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:39 am

well i'm up to the goblet of fire again and i must say i'm enjoying this time around even more so, for some reason.

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Victoria Winters » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:57 pm

Though this is techinically not a book thing, Muggle Net is showing previews to the Half Blood Prince movie. :D I am still trying to get my honey to read the books. He says he will, soon. I just know all he needs is two chapters to be totally hooked. I think he's a little afraid of that actually. He really enjoys the movies. We have been showing the Order of the Phoenix at work on our little tv's and he stood there and watched it for about 20 minutes before saying, "We gotta get this one too!" I actually got mum into the books. She bought Half Blood Prince on a whim back in February and I happened to be in her neck of the woods and told her that she should read them in order for the best effect. Shortly after I ended up sending her the first 3 paperbacks and now she is enjoying the stories, though I don't know how far she's gotten.
I too have been strongly thinking about rereading them. I so rarely do that. but I know, like you, I'll get even more out of them.
Victoria Winters

New postby RobinMonstruso » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:33 pm

Well, my favorite Harry Potter book was the one that featured the valentine's day dwarfes! I think this idea was hilarious!!
I greatly enjoyed the books, although what i consider the best and most interesting aspects of them is what happens beside the main storyline.

I wasn't compelled to read any of them either. My girlfriend, uhm..now ex-girlfriend, tried for ages to get me to read them. I greatly resisted. Then in 2000 I got sick and was so bored that she finally convinced me to give "The Sorcerer Stone" a try...and I got so hooked that I read the whole book in one setting.
Ever since then I read them all.
It are a fact I know because of my learnings...
RobinMonstruso

New postby Aaron_0105 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:58 pm

Well i finally finished them all again... It made so much more sense this time as well.. Actually took the time to reread a few passages instead of plowing through them trying to get to the end....
I hate finishing really good books... I never want them to end...

P.S i mangaed to get my girlfriend hooked onto them as well.. she just started the Philosphers stone and she says she can't put it down... Just you wait i told her... You will be begging for the next one!

UberSci!
Aaron_0105

New postby Victoria Winters » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:31 pm

Good job Aaron!!!!!!!!!!
Victoria Winters

Return to Books